• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jan-Feb Comiclink Auction looks like a Winner...Heritage Who?

43 posts in this topic

Heritage's failure to achieve higher prices than you do is probably related to its other policies (high buyers' premium, difficulty in making last-minute bids, etc.). I was going to suggest that perhaps various collectors' pledges never to bid on Heritage's auctions might be having an impact, but after seeing that one of the main "pledgers" won several expensive books in recent Heritage auctions, it seems that those pledges may be more bluster than substance.

If Heritage is failing to achieve high prices then I suspect that they will receive more of my business. I'm an opportunist who is willing to give everyone a chance.

For those of us not particularly astute can you drop a hint as to the identity of the "pledger" who needs to repledge or be ostersized? A first name will suffice.

dude, WTF?? no one (including the CGC label) mentions that the bottom of this book has been trimmed! look at the bob kane signature. I hate trimming!

Thatis not necessarly true. Kane's signature is clipped from many copies of this issue. And the uneven manufacturing process left untrimmed copies with more at the top than the bottom. Thing is it could have been restored from a trimmed copy, and we'd have no way of knowing.

The "extensive" label can mean just about anything.

It could mean the book was complete and fairly solid looking before restoration but has had lots of little tear seals. Or it could mean the book was hideous and incomplete, had the logo recreated, wholre back cover recreated. so much color touch the cover was art was virtually recreated. In short, two books with wildly different amounts of work done would get identicial labels.,