• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: 360 Wii PS3 Which Ones Brings you Christmas Glee?

80 posts in this topic

• Administrator
I have the XBOX 360-here are some game recommendations:

Gears Of War - one of the best games ever made with graphics and sound that smoke anything else out there right now.

Oblivion- one of the very best role playing games ever made and incredibly long with great graphics

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter-great graphics and gameplay! The best game so far in the ghost recon series

call Of Duty 2 & 3- totally solid first person shooters with great graphics!

The XBOX 360 has a great setup with the XBOX live marketplace you can purchase movies,tv shows, and games online! XBOX live also has the best online gaming of the 3 consoles hands down. Check it out it's a great system and very user friendly! thumbsup2.gif

I'm liking Prey quite a bit, too.

I know someone who is almost fifty, owns a 360 and hasn't played a single game on it and never intends to.

He bought it for the sole purpose of being able to stream content from his computer to his TV and for the HD-DVD drive that they sell for $100

Take that Sony! poke2.gif

Out of all of them the Wii looks the most fun to me. Plus the price can't be beat. Xbox 360 doesn't seem like a bad choice.

I've never liked the Playstation and there is no way I would spend $600 on a gaming console.

Amen. That pretty much sums it up. The sony fans will tell you that you're not spending 600 on a 'gaming console' because you get blu-ray blah blah blah but it is just so much hype. It's the gaming equivalent of a prismatic cover 27_laughing.gif

Last time I checked I wasn't in the market for a blu-ray machine and neither was anyone I know. Not only am I not in the market, I don't even WANT to be in the market. DVD is just fine for the immediate and mid-range future.

I bought ps1 and ps2 but am not going to touch ps3 with a ten foot pole. Even if they dropped the price to 400 I wouldn't touch it because you know as soon as sony can afford to do that, microsoft will just drop the xbox to 250 or so and nintendo to 150 or so. MS and nintendo's manufacturing costs are a lot lower, they can match price drops without blinking an eye. In fact, look for them to drop their prices in the new year to put even more of a squeeze on sony.

I read somewhere that sony (since its losing a couple hundred bucks on every unit it sells) needs to sell 14 games for each ps3 before they break even overall. 14 freaking games. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot with high costs and pissssing off your customers with high prices. crazy.gif

Excellent, excellent post!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

anyone know....are cordless controllers less responsive then the regular?

Not in the least. You wouldn't even know it was wireless. Seriously, they have it down pat.

Additionally Microsoft is keeping the 360 wireless controller tech a guarded secret.

My guess is they are using 2.4 Ghz tech as they do tend to interfere with the cordless phone in my house thumbsup2.gif

The range is fantastic too.

I can be 40 feet away from the box and still have a signal on the controller. It's not a line of sight thing.

I can't get the video to play. Synopsis?

Girl with Glasses: I'm the PS3. My interests include WWII combat, karokee, and tackle football. I'm educated and worldy, but if you're interested in having a good time, good luck finding which buttons to push--and by the way my vibration features are disabled. I'm multi-layed..Large and in Charge. Good things cost good money, Have you ever HEARD of the Blue Ray?! It's the future!

Blonde: I'm the Wii. I like go-carts. Vroom! Vroom! All you have to do is touch me, and you'll have the time of your life! I'm just as cute as a button. I'm cheap and fun. I'm peppy!

Think of the Mac vs PC commercials. It's hilarious--and accurate.

I saw that last month before it came out. I think Wii is not going to be a serious competitor for PS3 and XBOX 360. And that's probably going to limit what games are released for the Wii.

It's mainly an interesting curiousity.

Dude,

Totally *spoon* backwards around here. I can buy a PS3 tonight but you can't get a Wii unless you pay big bucks on eBay. As soon as some come in they are gone. Local Walmart got 6 PS3s in at 10am ... by 9pm they still had 4 for sale today. Last Monday they got a shipment of 10 Wiis ... all gone in an hour.

The Sony PS3 Blueray doesn't support HDMI so you can't get true resolution on most TVs, it has compatibility glitches with 200 ps and ps2 games, etc, etc. Do a Google search and you will see what a rushed out the door lemon this thing is ... and there is only one really good game available anyways.

The boys at my local game emporium all curse the thing and they play it all day at work. They say the Wii gameplay is EXCELLENT and second gen games for the Xbox 360 are amazing. There is no WAY I'd pay $600 for a PS3. If I get one it will be next year Xmas at the earliest and even then I doubt it.

Does anyone know if the 360 has heat issues? There's lots of 3rd party fan systems you can buy for it. I'm wondering if the thing has a tendancy to fry or not?

I think some of the launch units may have had a problem although mine is a launch unit that I've never had a problem with. *knocks on wood

It's a lot of hype for nothing I think. I never bought an additional cooler. I think they're preying on fears with those more than anything else. Plus they intercept and use power meant to go to the 360 so that can't be good.

OK - HELP ME!!!!!!!!

My wife brought home two PS3's about 2 weeks ago hoping to flip. I still have both and am thinking of keeping one if they don't sell. But now I'm thinking about getting the Wii instead. I have a son who's almost 7, I think he might enjoy the Wii more. confused-smiley-013.gif

Also I have a PS2 now.....

OK - HELP ME!!!!!!!!

My wife brought home two PS3's about 2 weeks ago hoping to flip. I still have both and am thinking of keeping one if they don't sell. But now I'm thinking about getting the Wii instead. I have a son who's almost 7, I think he might enjoy the Wii more. confused-smiley-013.gif

Also I have a PS2 now.....

Keep PS3 for yourself.

If you need to have a Wii, buy it for your son.

Or...just hand your son the PS2, and not spend no more then needed. 27_laughing.gif

I have been trying to buy a Wii for my 8 year old with no luck. Well, I shouldn't say that. More precise - I have been trying to buy a Wii at the retail price for my 8 year old with no luck. Over 1000 are sold on eBay every day, making it rare only because people are buying it to resell.

Exactly. My brother in Iowa has been desperately trying to get a Wii for my nephew with no luck. He enlisted my help so I've been trying to hit Chicago area locations to land one with absolutely no freakin' luck. If I didn't have a job I could camp out and wait for the trucks to arrive.

I feel like Arnold in "Jingle All the Way" tongue.gif

So the Wii is not bringing "Glee".... Christo_pull_hair.gif

Try Craigslist for the Wii. I'm seeing prices on there that are lower than on EBay.

I'm happy about the 360 again today. I got my old Sony Triniton 21" CRT out of the storage upstairs. Hurray for a free alternative to an HDTV! (I already had the monitor!) $30 for a VGA cord is definitely better than $500 for an HDTV.

hi.gif Hi all!

I'm the proud owner of both a Nintendo Wii and a Sony Playstation 3 yay.gifyay.gif

So far, I love both, but for very different reasons...

The Wii is has very fun, original, and innovative gameplay that even my wife likes to join in on. You don't need to be an avid gamer to pick up the controller and have a great time. So far, I only have the "Wii sports" game (that came with the system), and the "Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess," which FREEEEKIN ROCKS! Although the Wii doesn't have "next-gen" graphics, Zelda still looks mighty pretty and you can't beat the system price at only $250! That's cheaper than the Playstation 2 was when that first came out 893whatthe.gif I was lucky enough to get my system rather easily on launch day.

As far as the PS3 goes, I still don't have any games for it, but you have the option (with an internet connection) to download free playable demos! So far, I've downloaded "Resistance: Fall of Man" and "Formula One Racing." Both look great and play very well. Since the PS3 is a Blu Ray player, and most stand alone players go for $1000, you can't complain too much about the $600 price tag. It's nice to be able to browse the internet in my living room on my 42" Plasma HDTV grin.gif

I found a total of 5 PS3s about three weeks ago (the more sought after 60 GB versions) and sold four of them. The profits from those enabled me to get my own system for free, and still have money left over to buy some Christmas presents thumbsup2.gif

Try Craigslist for the Wii. I'm seeing prices on there that are lower than on EBay.

Good tip, but they're still going for $400 or so. tongue.gif I'd rather wait a few months and pay retail.

I think after the christmas rush settles down they should be much easier to pick up. With the frantic parent factor gone, there won't be so much ebay flipping, which should hopefully mean they will be easier to find at retail by even late Jan? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif