• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FX Convention in Orlando Florida on Jan. 26-28 - Signature Series Opportunities

14 posts in this topic

fx_logo.gif

18thannual.gif

As far as I know CGC isn't going to be setting up at this event, however board member and cgc witness Tiziano COMICFREAK has asked me to notify board members that he will be attending this event and will be accepting Signature Series requests/submissions.

If you are planning to attend FX you can make arrangements to meet him. If you are not, then you can make arrangements to send him your collectibles for signing.

Sor far the guest list includes:

Dan Brereton

Chuck Dixon

Michael Golden

Gene Ha

Dave Johnson

Steve Niles

Phil Noto

Whilce Portacio

Andy Smith

Billy Tan

Mark Texeira

Billy Tucci

Tim Townsend

Daniel Way

Chris Moreno

Stephan Nilson

Mike Perkins

Joe Pruett

Andrew Robinson

Steve Scott

Bart Sears

Sergio Cariello

Tommy Castillo

Ken Kelly

Marc Sparaio

Ethan Van Sciver

and many others...

http://www.fxshow.com/artist.htm

There are also a number of celebrities attending the event, these celebs usually charge an autograph signing fee, and you will need to make arrangements with Tiz.

Celebs include Hayden Panettiere (the Cheerleader on Heroes), Michael Biehn, Lance Henrikson and many more...

http://www.fxshow.com/guests.htm

Mr. Director (Kev),

Thanks for making this announcement.

And thanks to those that have already contacted me with requests.

In the last 24 hours I have managed to arrange a special meeting with a creator in the Orlando area.

So I will now be accepting submissions for Mr. Bob Layton.

For pricing and details please PM me or contact me at comicbookfreaks@hotmail.com and if you live in the Toronto area PM me and I will supply you with a phone # where I may be reached.

Thanks

The FX Show is actually a very decent show for comics, games, and toys. I look forward to attending again. My only wish is that it wasn't scheduled so close to Mega-Con. Florida comic fans are treated to two quality shows within three weeks of one another in February, and then nothing of substance for another 11 months.

I agree, FX and MegaCon are pretty close. Guess if you are going to entice people from the North to come down you have to do it in the winter months.

Isn't there something in Ft. Lauderdale called the Florida SuperCon in April and June, and a con in Tampa in August?

I will probably be going to MegaCon in February.

I agree, FX and MegaCon are pretty close. Guess if you are going to entice people from the North to come down you have to do it in the winter months.

Isn't there something in Ft. Lauderdale called the Florida SuperCon in April and June, and a con in Tampa in August?

I will probably be going to MegaCon in February.

The Florida "Supercon" is a joke. It can only get better though, as it couldn't be any worse. Worse show I ever set-up at.

As for Tampa, its a decent show with a few good regional dealers. But a good day for a dealer is if breaks the $1,000 barrier in total sales, so there isn't a lot of cash floating freely about.

Both are fine for regional shows, but they are a far cry from a Mega-Con in volume of attendees, venue, quality of dealers, or artists.

very funny kev. I inverted letter on accident.

Dude, quit while you are ahead. You are only making things worse. makepoint.gif

By the way, make sure you keep that Wanger in your pants or you might get arrested.. tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Many thanks to those of you that have sent me your books for submissions.

As for my fellow Torontonians, the dead-line is tomorrow night. I need time to pack!!

The following are confirmed conventions that I will be attending and taking a limited amount of submissions for:

New York Comic Con Feb.23-25 2007

Emerald City Comicon Mar.31-April 1 2007

As the year unfolds I will have a better idea of which other show I may be attending and accepting Signature Series at.

Thanks