• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your favorite obscure superhero?

38 posts in this topic

What's your favorite obscure superhero? One of mine was The Firefly from....drum roll please.....Top Notch Comics. Top Notch ended at issue 27 and then went on to become a humour title. Well in issue 27 Firefly was having a great adventure with a beautiful girl and a "to be continued" cliff hanger ending. That always made me sad when I would read the story again and no matter how many times I read it, I knew I would never read the conclusion.

1543014-ResizeWizard-1.jpg555.jpg

1543014-ResizeWizard-1.jpg555.jpg.f2091c3d680b65fdf69035258b69e262.jpg

What's your favorite obscure superhero? One of mine was The Firefly from....drum roll please.....Top Notch Comics. Top Notch ended at issue 27 and then went on to become a humour title. Well in issue 27 Firefly was having a great adventure with a beautiful girl and a "to be continued" cliff hanger ending. That always made me sad when I would read the story again and no matter how many times I read it, I knew I would never read the conclusion.

Lovely splash page!

The Comet by Jack Cole would be high on my list of obscurities.

Thanks for posting the story!

The GCD notes:

Credits:

Bill Woolfolk? (-script), Warren King (Pencils), Warren King (Inks),

I don't know much about Warren King -- it looks like he did a lot for MLJ for a couple of years then disappeared.

Indexer notes:

story unresolved; next app. in MIGHTY CRUSADERS #4 (1966)

Did you know that he came back in the 60s MLJ revival? Did they mention his fling with Sheba?

Jack