• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing new artist, Gabriele Dell'Otto

56 posts in this topic

I'll see what I can dig up....but I hadn't heard of the guy prior to this thread.

His work is staggering though....

Dave (Osborne La France) will prolly put up some scans, we all should bug the hell out of him to make sure he does smile.gif

Gabriele Dell' Otto born 1973 lives in Rome, Italy

Gabriele-DellOtto-Kopf.gif

Education in Illustration at the Istituto Europeo di Design in Rome

Comic Art, Cover Art

Dell'Ottos dark, atmospheric acryl-paintings captivate the viewer immediately. His works regularly graces the covers of European Marvel-Comicbooks. For the last solo-album of German rapper Thomas D "Lektionen in Demut" he did several Covers and booklet-illustrations.

Clients: Marvel Germany, Marvel France, Carabinieri Italia, Egmont Ehapa Verlag, mg/publishing/, Thomas D

Some Wallpapers of his art

web page

Interview in German, quick and nasty translation (Babbelfish) ,also includes a checklist

web page translated

Hello ALL,

Gabriele was kind enough to give me the link to this forum!

Thanks Gab!

Leon (a UK fan) and me co created the 1st fan site about Gabriele last december! Gabriele was kind enough to approve us!

If you do have any questions about Gabriele artwork, feel free to ask me...

Please follow the links in my signature to go to our fan site (we do have a MB too)!

About a Gabriele gallery...

DDlow.jpg

Hello Blowout,

I will ask Gabriele to post here but I think he is VERY BUSY working on many, many projects...

That is NO secret that he is doing a "secret" project with Bendis for MARVEL!

If you want to learn many many things about Gabriele work and life, go to our MESSAGE BAORD in the Gabriele section!

I had a BIG interview with him (about his life and experiences, his influences etc,etc) last year!

Tell me if you want links ok?

Wolvyongrypaperlow.jpg

LongshotXav

I have just been to the message board, and lots of great information there. Thanks for the heads up. cool.gif

5 stars for you. Welcome to the boards. grin.gif

I am on the lookout for a copy of FF #56 now with his awesome Thing cover. acclaim.gif

Hello Big Fan 893applaud-thumb.gif

We DO have a lot of information about Gabriele (his life and work) in our MB!

You just have to look and search a little even if we're ONLY6 months old...

I met Gabriele more than 3 years ago now (I think) and I ALWAYS thought his penciling/painting talent and abilities were NOT recognized as he deserved it...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

NOW, Gabriele is getting some heat...Was about time if you ask me...

Gabriele did not release many covers in USA but he did many many for MARVEL EUROPE (mainly Germany and France)!

XMenEncyclopediaFrontAndBackCover.jpg

Gabriele did not release many covers in USA but he did many many for MARVEL EUROPE

Hopefully now that word is getting around about him, he will get a chance to do more US work. He certainly deserves the chance, he is as good as anyone else I have seen currently working.

Being an art student myself, I'm rather attracted to "art student" type work. As a result, I'm in the peculair perspective of liking his sketch studies MORE than the illustrative paintings! (don't get me wrong--I'm awed by his paintings) Especially the ones on grey Starthmore board with pencil and white renderings.

Does he do fan commission requests? I'd love to acquire a pencil-and-white rendering of his.

Hello SmokingHawk,

If you like work in progress stuff or would like to see HOW Gabriele is working, please check this topic:

THE CALL 3 COVER WORK IN PROGRESS BY GABRIELE

Let me know what you think please, ok?

Thanks

I visited that site yesterday, and really enjoyed tyhat feature. His studio looks a lot like mine! I like his techique, and the use of confident darks and lights on the figure. I still really admire his sketches and figure studies in particular. Could I reiterate my question about whether he does sketch commissions for admirers?

I had never heard of this artist (at least I had never paid attention to his stuff) until this thread, but if the rest of his art is like that Red Joker sketch posted above then sign me up. That is one sweet sketch....

893applaud-thumb.gif