• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best GA Purchase for 2006

236 posts in this topic

This is a fun thread. Nice to see everyone so happy about their books! And man, people picked up some pretty awesome books.

Ok, you guys have talked me into showing more than one. After the Action #1, I'd have to say that these are some of my favorites:

allamerican61copy2.jpg

Far and away my favorite DC cover...ever. 893applaud-thumb.gif

It's probably my second favorite after Tec #31... and considerably more affordable. thumbsup2.gif

Some comics should be left raw. This 1 is much better reading than the Hal Foster Tarzan Single Series #20. Everyone likes adventure tales of castles, knights, maidens in distress. 893blahblah.gif

prvaliant1.jpg

Very nice! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

This is a fun thread. Nice to see everyone so happy about their books! And man, people picked up some pretty awesome books.

Ok, you guys have talked me into showing more than one. After the Action #1, I'd have to say that these are some of my favorites:

allamerican61copy2.jpg

Far and away my favorite DC cover...ever. 893applaud-thumb.gif

It's probably my second favorite after Tec #31... and considerably more affordable. thumbsup2.gif

Although it's certainly more affordable than 'Tec #31, it's also another one of those rare GA books that seems to always sell for way over guide across all grades, whenever it does show up in the marketplace.

BTW: That's a pretty sharp looking copy from the scan. cloud9.gif

Some comics should be left raw. This 1 is much better reading than the Hal Foster Tarzan Single Series #20. Everyone likes adventure tales of castles, knights, maidens in distress. 893blahblah.gif

prvaliant1.jpg

I think I will have to add this to my want list!

thumbsup2.gif

My favorite horror purchase(from Ritter who initially graded it a F/VF saw something before he shipped which knocked it down to F. Heavily discounted the book for the mistake. What a guy.):

Astonishing30.jpg

And my favorite non-war or horror book:

Very nice! - looks better than a FN to me, and gets my vote for best Maneely cover 893applaud-thumb.gif

I will agree with those who pick AA #61 as their favorite DC GA cover. 'Tec #31 is far and away my favorite Batman cover, but there are alot of great DC covers, it gets hard to pick a #2.

prvaliant1.jpg

But you know Aadrvark....for my money the cover alone makes this book worth having!

singleseries20duo.jpg

Two of three artists that I collect are represented here (the third being Ditko):

ThrillsOfTomorrow197.jpg

Spirit14CGC7.jpg

Those are three great artists to collect! thumbsup2.gif

prvaliant1.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

Spoon it! Why does your want list always coincide with mine! tonofbricks.gif

Check out this baby that was just listed:

FB 26 on Hakes

prvaliant1.jpg

But you know Aadrvark....for my money the cover alone makes this book worth having!

singleseries20duo.jpg

Interestingly that Tarzan book you posted, I saw in a 1968 price guide[non Overstreet], Back than it was listed as the 4th most valuable comicbook and the same Value as Marvel #1. The book is in full cover and shows Action 1 at 350 dollars with Superman 1 and Marvel 1 listed at 250.00 each along with the Tarzan book for 250.00

prvaliant1.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

FB 26 on Hakes

That is a nice one. You go ahead and scoop it up. I will wait for a VG. I am closing some deals with a couple of Boardies right now that will leave me broke, homeless and begging on the streets. BUT, I will have golden age to keep me warm. thumbsup2.gif

prvaliant1.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

FB 26 on Hakes

That is a nice one. You go ahead and scoop it up. I will wait for a VG. I am closing some deals with a couple of Boardies right now that will leave me broke, homeless and begging on the streets. BUT, I will have golden age to keep me warm. thumbsup2.gif

Nah, it's out of my league right now too - My comic budget is seriously in the red. I've been on a spree the last month. crazy.gif I need to start selling some stuff.

Hands down, I'd have to go with this book as my best purchase for 2006!

Picture038.jpg

So far, this book is in my opinion, the BEST of 2006. I will keep watching, but still nothing close yet.

Wow, out of all the books shown such as an Action 1 and a Det. #27, you think this is the best of 2006.. I'm flattered yet very appreciative. Thanks!