• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

As much as I appreicate Edgar Church.....

29 posts in this topic

Sweet books! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Tim;

I think a San Fransico would look really nice in your collection! thumbsup2.gif

Mine too! cool.gif

Actually, I'd love to own one of the San Francisco Sub-Mariners. But considering they are virtually all 9.4s and 9.6s, I'd have to sell a kidney or other valuable body part just to finance it.

man, that's coincidental; i've already spent '07's dialysis money on funny-books, and if i don't find a suitable donor pretty quick, my widow will be putting up quite a few books in the new year. if she gets them slabbed, any chance the label'll say "from the konked-out kidneys kollection"?

I had the Flash 57 too but decided to keep the best of the two. I see the Flash 57 garnered a CGC 9.8 foreheadslap.gif

And it was a Hawkman cover! That's gotta hurt.

Sweet books! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Tim;

I think a San Fransico would look really nice in your collection! thumbsup2.gif

Mine too! cool.gif

Actually, I'd love to own one of the San Francisco Sub-Mariners. But considering they are virtually all 9.4s and 9.6s, I'd have to sell a kidney or other valuable body part just to finance it.

man, that's coincidental; i've already spent '07's dialysis money on funny-books, and if i don't find a suitable donor pretty quick, my widow will be putting up quite a few books in the new year. if she gets them slabbed, any chance the label'll say "from the konked-out kidneys kollection"?

Tell you what, I'll buy them all and lobby for the kollection name if you would like.

89-SF.jpg

Very nice book, but...could this one be misidentified? It has no markings on front or back cover. (this was sold in Heritage auction)

and Metro has another CGC-graded SF Detective 89 for sale. Link

Very nice book, but...could this one be misidentified? It has no markings on front or back cover. (this was sold in Heritage auction)

and Metro has another CGC-graded SF Detective 89 for sale. Link

I wondered about that. In the Pedigree Detective thread, I noted the two different SF Tec 89s.

The book we have is the San Fran copy. I have seen the other CGC graded book in the past and it is clearly not the San Fran copy.

S