• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is nobody here collecting Fox books ??

41 posts in this topic

I dont get it , I hardly see anyone talk about them, post about them, sell them, buy them or add them to their collection... confused-smiley-013.gif they are top on the list of books i need to get in 2007, or atleast the titles featuring GGA such as Zegra, Dagar, Jo-jo, All-top, etc. is there something im missing since almost all kindda books, especially GA get some puclicity around here, atleast occasionally confused-smiley-013.gif

no love for them here? imo many of them have great GGA, excellent covers (especially the bondage Kamen ones cloud9.gif) if you have them, pls post them flowerred.gif

I think you need to go back through a lot of the older threads. There is are a number of people here that love Fox books.

Here's a good one to start with

flowerred.gif

And here is the link to my article on pre-war Fox books "with pictures"

http://www.comicartville.com/victorfox.htm

893applaud-thumb.gif

awesome article ... must read more thorougly over the holidays, thanks for the link thumbsup2.gif

there is a key Fox book - new listing on Ebay right now..........

http://cgi.ebay.com/WEIRD-COMICS-1-7-8-V...tem250066105077

Merry Christmas Steve! hi.gif I've noticed you seem to be the only one who gets up as early as I do to peruse the boards everyday.

The Weird Comics is awesome looking. I saw it listed in Bob's catalog, but It's great to see a scan. He also has a really nice Wonderworld 4:

Wonderworld 4

Merry Christmas Steve! hi.gif I've noticed you seem to be the only one who gets up as early as I do to peruse the boards everyday.

Merry Christmas to you too Jeff ! hi.gif I have to get up early every day....have 2 little Showcase-4's to take care of. One likes More Fun Spectre covers grin.gif, and the other likes Westerns frown.gif

1550130-kids014.jpg

1550130-kids014.jpg.4db78673a1432e4a559916465f26b4e0.jpg

I dont get it , I hardly see anyone talk about them, post about them, sell them, buy them or add them to their collection... confused-smiley-013.gif they are top on the list of books i need to get in 2007, or atleast the titles featuring GGA such as Zegra, Dagar, Jo-jo, All-top, etc. is there something im missing since almost all kindda books, especially GA get some puclicity around here, atleast occasionally confused-smiley-013.gif

no love for them here? imo many of them have great GGA, excellent covers (especially the bondage Kamen ones cloud9.gif) if you have them, pls post them flowerred.gif

i don't collect them per se, but am trying to get at least one book out of every cgc recognized g.a. pedigree. altho' i try to get them to fit into my #1 niche [timelys], sometimes i gotta go outside. here's an allentown fox mm.jpg --so sorry about the crummy scan, just can't make my scanner do any good on a slab.

i don't collect them per se, but am trying to get at least one book out of every cgc recognized g.a. pedigree. altho' i try to get them to fit into my #1 niche [timelys], sometimes i gotta go outside. here's an allentown fox mm.jpg --so sorry about the crummy scan, just can't make my scanner do any good on a slab.

Gorgeous book Billy!

RE: your scan...the poor craftsman blames his tools...

poke2.gif

i don't collect them per se, but am trying to get at least one book out of every cgc recognized g.a. pedigree. altho' i try to get them to fit into my #1 niche [timelys], sometimes i gotta go outside. here's an allentown fox--so sorry about the crummy scan, just can't make my scanner do any good on a slab.

Gorgeous book Billy!

i'll confirm with the mom next weekend that you weren't home the day she taught "if you don't have something nice to say, ...."

poke2.gif

i don't collect them per se, but am trying to get at least one book out of every cgc recognized g.a. pedigree. altho' i try to get them to fit into my #1 niche [timelys], sometimes i gotta go outside. here's an allentown fox--so sorry about the crummy scan, just can't make my scanner do any good on a slab.

Gorgeous book Billy!

i'll confirm with the mom next weekend that you weren't home the day she taught "if you don't have something nice to say, ...."

poke2.gif

You're right, she would kick me in the arse for saying something mean to you.

sorry.gif

Now go buy a nice scanner!

Billy;

I am sure this is a nice book although it's definitely hard to tell from your scan. 27_laughing.gif

Was this a recent pick-up or have you had this particular book for some time? What is the grade on this book since most of the Allentowns tend to be in the upper grade range in comparison to some of the other GA pedigrees?

Appears to be extremely tough to find Allentown books as the Fox copies have not shown up in the marketplace for several years now.

What is the grade on this book since most of the Allentowns tend to be in the upper grade range in comparison to some of the other GA pedigrees?

893scratchchin-thumb.gifLooks like a 9.0 to me.

Speaking of Peds and fox, which pedigree has the most / best fox books in the collection.?. i know the answer allready is the awesome Church copies, but other than that? (since generally not in my reach crazy.gif) a few allentown which grade pretty high, and some Crippen books and Rockford books that generally aint the highest certified. Any peds im missing here ?

Speaking of Peds and fox, which pedigree has the most / best fox books in the collection.?. i know the answer allready is the awesome Church copies, but other than that? (since generally not in my reach crazy.gif) a few allentown which grade pretty high, and some Crippen books and Rockford books that generally aint the highest certified. Any peds im missing here ?

Probably Allentown, which is known for the high quality of its fox books, including keys. Larson also has many nice copies, especially if you don't mind a little foxing.