• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out this hilarious eBay scam for ASM #129

24 posts in this topic

Sad thing is, some poor schmuck is going to fall for this. Check out the auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Spider-Man-I...1QQcmdZViewItem

Notice that all three pictures are of a different copy...two different 9.0 slabbed copies (look closely, you can tell they are different) and one raw copy. I might email him and ask if the winner gets all three copies or his choice of one! insane.gif

This one isn't as bad as 1

I have seen that the same guy does every 3 months so the neg cant be viewed. He has a slabbed 9.6 wizard ace promo copy. He then states in his auction how a 9.6 is worth upwards of 2000 so what about this one. Some poor sucker bids upwards of 1000 + and then gets hosed because he couldnt notice from the fuzzy picture it is a wizard copy whch has no price on it. I once emailed a bidder that was bidding on 1 and the bid was up to 1,100 and then he told me to go *spoon* off and that I was trying to get him to stop bidding so I could get it. I didn't feel as bad when he won it for $1500 and about 2 weeks later had a negative comment saying how he got hosed.

893whatthe.gif Low and behold it is back again!!! This time he has it in the descrip it is the promo but someone always overlooks it because they will see the 9.6. Sigh some poor guy again will get hosed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDERMAN-12...1QQcmdZViewItem

wow that's pretty dirty but damn is it smart.

Check back in 3 days and see if someone has bid it up. Once it gets momentum and see like a 400-600 price tag some people just assume it is the real thing and start bidding on it. foreheadslap.gif

Sad thing is, some poor schmuck is going to fall for this. Check out the auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Spider-Man-I...1QQcmdZViewItem

Notice that all three pictures are of a different copy...two different 9.0 slabbed copies (look closely, you can tell they are different) and one raw copy. I might email him and ask if the winner gets all three copies or his choice of one! insane.gif

They pulled the auction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I complained and they must have agreed...It looks like they saw a problem as well. Thanks Ebay!

893whatthe.gif Low and behold it is back again!!! This time he has it in the descrip it is the promo but someone always overlooks it because they will see the 9.6. Sigh some poor guy again will get hosed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDERMAN-12...1QQcmdZViewItem

I reported that auction. Hopefully they'll pull it too. Reminds me of all the German Hulk #181's trying to get pushed as the real thing.

This one isn't as bad as 1 I have seen that the same guy does every 3 months so the neg cant be viewed. He has a slabbed 9.6 wizard ace promo copy.

Isn't that the Lions Gate reprint?

He then states in his auction how a 9.6 is worth upwards of 2000 so what about this one. Some poor sucker bids upwards of 1000 + and then gets hosed because he couldnt notice from the fuzzy picture it is a wizard copy whch has no price on it.

What about the giant "Featuring the first appearance of The Punisher" sunburst in the bottom right-hand corner? This reprint is so easy to identify. If someone's going to bid thousands of dollars without doing 30 seconds of detective work, they are begging to learn a lesson the hard way. See below makepoint.gif

I once emailed a bidder that was bidding on 1 and the bid was up to 1,100 and then he told me to go *spoon* off and that I was trying to get him to stop bidding so I could get it. I didn't feel as bad when he won it for $1500 and about 2 weeks later had a negative comment saying how he got hosed.