• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

finally tracked these two down

7 posts in this topic

It seems that there are only 2 issues of this comic from the early 50's. #5 and #6. Everyplace I check, there is no record of 1-4 and any after 6. interesting. Anyway, It took a while to track these down. #6 was at my LCS and #5 I just got off ebay. Not in great condition but I likes em.

datewithdanger5cm9.jpg

datewithdanger6cb5.jpg

It seems that there are only 2 issues of this comic from the early 50's. #5 and #6. Everyplace I check, there is no record of 1-4 and any after 6. interesting. Anyway, It took a while to track these down. #6 was at my LCS and #5 I just got off ebay. Not in great condition but I likes em.

datewithdanger5cm9.jpg

datewithdanger6cb5.jpg

These were published by Standard comics as part of a wholesale revamping of their line. All their new titles started with issue #5 to give the appearance to the distributors and sellers that these were established titles. Ziff-Davis, for example, went one step farther by starting their titles with #10.

I like them as well, btw, as excellent examples of 50s Cold War spy stories! thumbsup2.gif