• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Petersen art (Mouse Guard creator)

9 posts in this topic

Is Peterson selling any of his published Mouse Guard covers or splashes? Price range? His comic seems popular as they are going into 3rd printings. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah, thecollector is right. They were $200 minimum and most panel pages were in the $350 range. The cover to #1 sold for a grand on eBay back in June, I believe. The cover to #2 was listed at a grand immediately after that and I don't think it sold.

Love the Spider-Man piece. Very cool.

On the subject of Mouse Guard, though: I realize most of us don't collect OA with an eye toward investment but I suspect that most of us are hoping that the value of the pages we own will go up. I do, anyway.

Not trying to go KK on anybody -- and I understand that Mouse Guard is currently hot/hot/hot -- but are collectors reaching by dropping $350 on the least of Peterson's pages? The print run for Mouse Guard remains small (in the Marvel/DC issue count, anyway), suggesting that the collector base is small.

I liked the first issue of MG, wasn't driven to pick up any of the others. The hype machine is starting to slow. Three years from now will Mouse Guard pages be on the market and fetching sums similar to Tick OA or Scud OA?