• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have any news or info about the Cleveland show Jan 7/2007 ?

9 posts in this topic

Cleveland shows rock..always good deal on comics..I always wanted to see a big show in Cleveland but if that was the case prices might just go threw the roof like here in Florida at the Mega Con show. Actually I rate the FX Toy show a better find for comics then Mega Con.

Hi Roy,

If you click on the "other info" link below the listing for this show on the promoter's web page, you'll see that the average attendance is only 225. That tells me it might be a fun show for the locals, but I don't know if it would be worth driving 4 or 5 hours to attend. It's about 2 hours away for me - I might give it a looksee if I'm feeling bored that weekend, but I'll most likely pass due to the distance.

From a dealer perspective, $60 a table for so few attendees is a bit steep. I'm used to paying $50 a table for a show that brings 3 times that many people in the door (although many are anime/manga/cosplay fans and not there for comics).

-Jim

It is about 30-40 tables and really busy the first hour or so and then pretty much dead. Sometimes I find some good deals, but usually there are a few dealers that grade tons of stuff and they pick everything over before the show even opens. If you are really bored I would say to make the trip. It is about half hour from me and I have been known to miss it. I hope this helps.