• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did Stallone just ruin Judge Dredd's potential as a comic collectible or what?

18 posts in this topic

A long time ago, and after spending some dollars on the books from Chuck, I thought he was a cool character...The whole concept was cool actually and the Bolland covers are fantastic..

But it seems JD has went the way of some of the First characters that were once hot (A. Flagg, Grimjack, etc.)

Dredd was never a mss inport to the USA, if you live in the UK, like me, Dredd is still the number one british character (IMO)

But yes, I think Stalone killed the horse before it had a chance to leave the stable

However Stallone devalued it, Diane Lane recovered with her horny housewife portrayal in Betrayed...and don't forget Rob Schneider's key role as Dredd's sidekick. and Armand Assaante as Stallone's genetic twin...hmmm - sorry I loved this movie thru and thru...I beleive it was star studded - I forget Dredd's mentor in this but he is a big name too?

here ya go

Sylvester Stallone .... Judge Joseph Dredd

Diane Lane .... Judge Hershey

Armand Assante .... Rico

Rob Schneider .... Herman Ferguson (Fergie)

Jürgen Prochnow .... Judge Griffin (as Jurgen Prochnow)

Max von Sydow .... Chief Justice Fargo

Joan Chen .... Ilsa

Joanna Miles .... Judge Evelyn McGruder

Balthazar Getty .... Olmeyer

Maurice Roëves .... Warden Miller

Ian Dury .... Geiger

Christopher Adamson (I) .... Mean Machine

Ewen Bremner .... Junior Angel

Peter Marinker .... Judge Esposito

Angus MacInnes .... Judge Silver

here ya go

Sylvester Stallone .... Judge Joseph Dredd

Diane Lane .... Judge Hershey

Armand Assante .... Rico

Rob Schneider .... Herman Ferguson (Fergie)

Jürgen Prochnow .... Judge Griffin (as Jurgen Prochnow)

Max von Sydow .... Chief Justice Fargo

Joan Chen .... Ilsa

Joanna Miles .... Judge Evelyn McGruder

Balthazar Getty .... Olmeyer

Maurice Roëves .... Warden Miller

Ian Dury .... Geiger

Christopher Adamson (I) .... Mean Machine

Ewen Bremner .... Junior Angel

Peter Marinker .... Judge Esposito

Angus MacInnes .... Judge Silver

Max Von Sydow, better know from The Seventh Seal by Ingmar Bergman where he's a knight and challenges Death to a chess match.

For more modern viewers, he's also the demon in the movie Needful Things.

It's Movie Trivia day in the Forum!

My fave Max role was the assassin in Three Days of the Condor! When he cooly catches Redford in DC in the CIA heads living room at gunpoint. Redford psssing his pants and Max shoots the CIA guy instead...then tells Redford not to woory... Hes no longer being paid to kill him anymore. Sez he admires his survival tactics...

do you mean "unfaithful" with richard gere?

I hate alll things "Richard Gere", but the sensuality of Diane Lane overrides all. My god, man! I've never been so pissed and turned on at the same time watching a movie EVER! She is one of the sexiest woman I've ever seen!!!! cloud9.gif

Chris

do you mean "unfaithful" with richard gere?

I hate alll things "Richard Gere", but the sensuality of Diane Lane overrides all. My god, man! I've never been so pissed and turned on at the same time watching a movie EVER! She is one of the sexiest woman I've ever seen!!!! cloud9.gif

Chris

how can you diss on richard gere in "breathless"? confused.gif he was reading silver surfer comics in that movie. goodevil.gif

Diane Lane recovered with her horny housewife portrayal in Betrayed

betrayed? do you mean "unfaithful" with richard gere? confused.gif get some rest/sleep diesel. insane.gif

definitely need sleep! BWAHAHAHA! movie trivia - recent movie I saw with comics - How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days - Kate Hudson and Matthew Maconaghey (sp?) - she moves into his apt and knocks a pile of Kull the Conqueror comics of the back of the toilet; later he names his "member" Krull the Warrior King, totally messing up the comic connection mad.gif

OK. Hold on a second here. How is it possible that Max von Sydow is mentioned in a thread and his greatest role is not mentioned????

No, it's not Three Days of the Condor, although he was outstanding opposite Redford and Faye Dunaway (a little Stockholm syndrom anyone?).

Max's greatest role was----- Strange Brew!

movie trivia - recent movie I saw with comics - How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days - Kate Hudson and Matthew Maconaghey (sp?) - she moves into his apt and knocks a pile of Kull the Conqueror comics of the back of the toilet;

I saw that movie too on DVD (from NetFlix). If you pause it, I think you can also see Iron Man and another comic in the stack. I thought they looked like old well-worn Bronze Age books though.. not a single new one for a guy in the advertising business.

Kull was the top comic.

A new Dredd flick is filming this fall... and that is a fact. Collect as you see fit.

Yes!!! Before the original Dredd movie I came across a huge lot of Dredd #1s, both the Eagle & Quality version. At the time, CBG was the only way to go, & while a made a nice profit, I still had 100+ copies left over. If ebay had been around I could have made a killing. The price, after the initial jump, has dropped every since. Hope the new movie brings it back to life.