• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RATE WHAT YOU READ

136 posts in this topic

Just finished the new "A Man Called Kev" 5 issue mini from Wildstorm. Ennis Rocks!

Laughed my 893censored-thumb.gif off!

So...... thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

I'll second the Ennis Rocks! comment.

"The Boys" continues to get my money month after month.

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

I know this isn't a story problem, but the cover types seem very damage-prone. Even worse, the damage appears to be 50x worse. I really wish they would stick to the standard cover styles. Glossy cardstock always has damage problems. I was stoked when Green Lantern finally switched over.

Pat

Hulk from 89 to current is an awsome read (4 out of 4)

Hex also is wonderful. (3.5 out of 4)--with each issue a single story (maybe 2 parter) you can pick up any issue and jump right in.

The Boys (4 out of 4)---I would say other then hulk this is my FAV at this time

Fell (3 out of 4)--Awsome book

Iron First (3 out of 4)--To me the writting is perfect but its the artwork that makes this book KILLER smile.gif

Punisher (Max line) (3 out of 4)----This is how the punisher shooudl be. He is the most anti-hero out there.

Fear Agent (4 out of 4)---BUY this book its a fun read

Grimes Fairy Tales (4 out of 4) very entertaining. After all isnt that what comics are all about (PLUS HOT COVER ART )

Finally current Uncanny X-men (3 out of 4) STORY AND ART better then anything the x-men have had in many many years

The Boys (4 out of 4)---I would say other then hulk this is my FAV at this time

Fell (3 out of 4)--Awsome book

Fear Agent (4 out of 4)---BUY this book its a fun read

Very much agree with these, except that Fell, too, should get a 4 out of 4 thumbsup2.gif

bumpit.gif It has been a while( little bit of computer trouble), but I will try to post more.

What I have are three Marvel books:

Astonshing X-Men # 20. This book is still the BEST X-book out there,IMHO. If you want

a X-book with great art and story the this is it. With 4 books to go on their run Whedon &

Cassaday are going to make it hard on any other "team" that takes over this book. We have

Space Escape, Death Plunge by Kitty&Colossus, as well as Wolverine& "Armor", and an

last page that fortells a climax that may "shatter a world" This one gets thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif.

Next up is The Immortal Iron Fist # 3. this book is just a solid, well crafted joy to read.

gossip.gifPlease buy this book My hope is that this "team" stays on this book for

a very long time. This one gets thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif.

Now on to a book that makes me go 893whatthe.gif, Wolverine # 51. How this went so bad

so fast is beyond me. The art is too dark and the story thus far is muddled at best.

It is sad when a title has lost it way, but IMHO it looks like I may have to drop this one.

This on gets thumbsup2.gif&1/2, good try but I am 'not buying it'. Till next time hi.gif

I have been disappointed with the hero titles lately, except for Hulk & what I read of Annhiliation...I kinda like the Anita Blake comics, though...very similar to Buffy.

I'm going to agree with what the gentleman earlier said re: ASTONISHING X-MEN.

Whedon really knows these characters, better than they know themselves.

It reminds me of how much I ENJOYED and LOVED the X-Men in the 80s, esp. durring the Paul Smith run.

Sweet mother of Christmas, Claremont frickin' drove that train long and hard into the ground, and ever other writer on uncanny x-men between the 90s till recently just (IMHO) wrote drivel.

I dropped that book after just buying it out of habit.

Same with Spider-Man. You remember the books you loved as a kid, and it has ZERO to do with the fact that you were a kid and it's nostalgia...it's just solid writing. Roger Stern, for example, wrote some of the best spidey comics ever.

Why is Quesada let JMS write these horrible stories that go nowhere?

Seriously...how many more fans you think jumped ship after the Gwen/Norman Osborn affair? Destroyed more of its fan base than the Clone Saga?

Ultimate Spider-Man and Ast. X-Men are my only Marvel go-to books.

Lots of fun, and just solid storytelling.

And without question...the best part of Astonishing was the return of Colossus and getting to see another fastball special.

What I recently discovered and liked was a b&w Image title called "SMALL GODS."

Really good storytelling, intriguing characters...nothing that's going to win any awards, but fun nonetheless and keeps you coming back for more.

Once again batman confidential.

Issue #3 kicks *spoon*. Good story awesome art. No big hype about it. and best of all it’s on time.

I must agree. With Portacio on the team, I thought it would be horrible. But the story is solid and the art works. I especially love seeing the Lucious Fox character too.

Personally, I'm really enjoying Superman Confidential too. Been awhile since #3 came out.

Pat

I am totally enjoying all the following all for different reasons.

Shadowpact - It just works. I love the Devil and Rags. I hope this sticks around long enough to find an audience.

Uncanny X-men - Brubaker is the man nuff said. Oh yeah Billy Tan does a nice job too.

52 - Has gotten better last 5 issues. Last issue has a shocking ending.

JSA - Is there any team book better out there in the last 10 years?

Exiles - This is my fun What If book. Every few months we get a new universe to explore. Its an excellent premise the Marvel should exploit more.

Silent War - So far so good. Decent story but the art is below average.

Black Panther - My favorite book every month. Good art and riveting storyline so far.

Justice - Never liked Ross until he did this series now I love him.

FF the End - Actually I dont like it, but its too late to leave now.

Planet Hulk - Has been a great in store read, but I got in too late to buy them out right.

Werewolf by Night - Really great start, but story was only 1/2 the book though.

Immortal Iron Fist: I'm loving Brubaker. He really knows how to add that Noir/Crime element to every character.

Dr. Strange: Oaths: One of the few mini's I've enjoyed lately.

Blade: Okay, this is my guilty pleasure. Sure, the past few issues were sort of lame. And Chaykin makes Blade look like he's been in need of some Slim Fasts. But the last was issue was great and the issue where he faught Wolverine was cool.

Fear Agent: Hands down, best non-super-hero book I'm reading.

I'm still shocked that I'm the only person loving X-Factor. #16 was a fantastic issue.

Am I the only one not loving Brubaker's X-men? Personally, I've enjoyed Carey's version more so. It's not that Brubaker's version is bad. Just not great compared to Cap or DD.

Silent War has been a pleasant surprise.

Rodey, I agree. Iron Fist is awesome. I love the tie-in with the old school Iron Fist characters. Finally, some great history and characterization being built upon.

Pat

Am I the only one not loving Brubaker's X-men? Personally, I've enjoyed Carey's version more so. It's not that Brubaker's version is bad. Just not great compared to Cap or DD.

No, you're not alone. If it wasn't my main completionist title, I'd drop the book.