• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The most valuable Bronze Age book in 20 years?

22 posts in this topic

We have had various discusions here on the forums about the state of the comic market in the future. Some here are very positive (ninanina 20K hulk 181) and some are somewhat more skeptical about the future state of our hobby.

I though rather than arguing back and forth, it would be fun if people put forward their views by stating what the most valuable Bronze Age comic will be in the 2023 Overstreet guide and its price in NM 9.4.

My Pick: Incredible Hulk #181 $4550

Cherry Pop Tart #1 $40,000. (I believe that Lighthouse has all the HG copies and he is going to destroy all of them bar one).

Guess how he is going to destroy them ?

893Funny-thumb.gif Invite greggy over for a "spank-off?"

My Bronze Age pick = Thor vs Hulk cover - Defenders 10; The Thor series will finally realize its destiny as the top character in the Marvel pantheon tongue.gif

cerebus 1 due to low print run and yet to see TRUE NM copies. 893whatthe.gif there will be literally thousands of HULK 181's in NM, how many cerebus 1's after CGC starts grading mag size? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Pimpy....I wish this were true (not that my copy is a 9.6-9.8.....maybe a 9.0-9.2), but Cerebus is never going to scale the heights of MARVEL's wolverine. There would be 100 wolverine collector's to one cerebus collector (at least).

Er, umm, that would be Hulk 181 @ $20,000.00?

All those Hulk 181's will now have been slabbed 3 times, destroying most of the NM's and turning them into VF+'s due to damage in handling, storage, and shipping these back and forth to and from CGC. NM's are not going to be as common as everyone thinks. 27_laughing.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Hey, I'm on a mission. mad.gif

Oh yeah, and the guy selling 4 (maybe 5 if you use BIN) Hulk 181's on e-bay is saying it's gonna be a $30,000 in only 10 years. 27_laughing.gif

What a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. 27_laughing.gif

(Um, if it's anyone on the forum, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize ahead of time? Meant no disrespect) 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Yeah, although the top copy of Cerebus 1 will never be as valuable as the top copy of Hulk 181, in 9.4, which is what the question, as originally posed, asked, it might well have a shot. Veerrry few 9.4s, if any. Let's say there are three 9.4s in 20 years time. And a 1000 9.4 Hulk 181s - the Cerebus might be the more valuable book, no? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Certainly in the current market I think a 9.4 Cerebus 1 would fetch more than a Hulk 181 9.4 - but I am talking out of my @$$ of course because no one knows for sure! goodevil.gif

gee I like Cerebus as much as the next guy, but there is th edanger that it may be practically a memory by then. Unless dave has announced his post-300 plans somewhere? He has always said 300 and done...no more Cerebus ever! and g-d knows this is a man who does whatever the frak he wants, isnt he???