• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New York Comicon Feb 23-25

51 posts in this topic

I so badly want to set up at that convention. I am on the waiting list, and am losing hope that a space will open...

Rent a van and set up across the street.In NYC, anyone can sell books on the sidewalk without a permit. thumbsup2.gif

Make sure the van has a good heater and lots of gas. It was very cold last year during the show. The wind whips off of the river for a wonderful refrigeration effect.

I would not plan on exhibitors dropping out of the show. I have heard that the wait list is quite long and the prices have risen. The buzz on this show is tremendous. It will be the biggest comic book event ever held in New York City. I have also heard that they have sold more advance tickets for 2007 than they sold in total tickets for 2006!

There may not be any day of show sales! 893whatthe.gif

I so badly want to set up at that convention. I am on the waiting list, and am losing hope that a space will open...

Rent a van and set up across the street.In NYC, anyone can sell books on the sidewalk without a permit. thumbsup2.gif

Make sure the van has a good heater and lots of gas. It was very cold last year during the show. The wind whips off of the river for a wonderful refrigeration effect.

I would not plan on exhibitors dropping out of the show. I have heard that the wait list is quite long and the prices have risen. The buzz on this show is tremendous. It will be the biggest comic book event ever held in New York City. I have also heard that they have sold more advance tickets for 2007 than they sold in total tickets for 2006!

They have already stated that there are a limited number of tickets available. So if you didnt get your ticket you better get a move on it.

I will actually be in NYC that week/weekend on business, but after the debacle of getting in that occurred last year I can think of a lot of different things to devote my downtime to in NYC than this convention. If they demonstrate an ability to actually manage the logistics of the this show that might change next year. G'luck to all who attend, I will be interested to hear impressions after its over. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Anybody going? It was pretty incredible in all ways last year. There was a positive vibe in the air from before the show started until it was time to leave. They have doubled the space and have worked very hard to work out the kinks from last years show.

This could be the East Coast equivalent to San Diego within a few years.

Stan Lee! Stephen King! George Perez!

Monkeyhouse Entertainment! Booth 132! 27_laughing.gif

Should be "fun". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have one exhibitor badge for trade. Last year it was the only type of pass that allowed the holder freedom for the entire four days of the show.

1. Board members only.

2. The trade offer must be made in pre-1965 comic books. I am partial to pre-code horror and super heroes. Dollar value of offer is only one criteria. Scarceness and comic book coolness of the offer will also be used.

3. I will stop taking trade offers February 19th, 2007 at 8 p.m. Eastern time.

I will e-mail the winner the morning of the 20th.

4. The offers can be posted or pm's.

5. The winner must pick up the badge at the show personally.

I have moved the deadline on this up to February 5th at 8 p.m. East Coast time.

Anybody going? It was pretty incredible in all ways last year. There was a positive vibe in the air from before the show started until it was time to leave. They have doubled the space and have worked very hard to work out the kinks from last years show.

Have any exhibitors or attendees received their pass/badges?

Drop by and say hi to lemur/langur/Dave

*spoon* this show. They stopped selling tickets online and it's only possible to now buy tickets at the venue. Screw that after hearing the disaster that they had last year. $20 for a bus and $30 for admission to a show where I don't give a *spoon* about the guests?

I wish collectors would put their foot down about these ridiculous entry fees.

*spoon* this show. They stopped selling tickets online and it's only possible to now buy tickets at the venue. Screw that after hearing the disaster that they had last year. $20 for a bus and $30 for admission to a show where I don't give a *spoon* about the guests?

I wish collectors would put their foot down about these ridiculous entry fees.

screwy.gif