• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Human Torch #31

38 posts in this topic

I've got a few golden age books I need a little help on.....

So anyone's comments on the following book are welcome, thanks.

Human Torch #31 - a bit of wear at top staple, chip to LLC and a tiny chip at spine!!

ht31.jpg

ht31b.jpg

Nice book indeed!!! I would say 4.5 with the cavaet of calling it an apparent grade as the top and right edge looked trimmed.

Nah, just the scanner effect.....there's a small amount of play to the upper part due to the staple wear.

i'm saying straight Fine on account of the oxidation shadow on the BC. that book's a VG+ only if the centerfold is detatched

Yeah, 6.5 sounds about right. Not sure where those 4.5s came from! 893whatthe.gif

893whatthe.gif look at the spine... and the top staple.. i had an x-men book purchased as a fine with the same characteristics but looking better and all of you sacked it down to a 4.5 due to the staple wear and creases.

if you add the chip on this one to the staple and general wear you have a 5.0 book

This is a tough one and I'm not surprised by the variance of grades. Book has a high-grade appearance, but a number of moderate spine issues...a chip or two/weak area between the staples, and what looks like a heavy ding top corner with the beginning of a spine split (see back cover scan). I'd agree with 5.5, possibly a weak 6.0. Still a nice one!

Yeah, 6.5 sounds about right. Not sure where those 4.5s came from! 893whatthe.gif

893whatthe.gif look at the spine... and the top staple.. i had an x-men book purchased as a fine with the same characteristics but looking better and all of you sacked it down to a 4.5 due to the staple wear and creases.

If you are talking about the X-Men 26 you bought from MH, ONE PERSON put it at 4.5, not "all of us". screwy.gif

I would give this one a 6.5 and the X-Men a 6.5...unless the X-Men has water damage on the back cover at the base of the spine. Looking at the scan, it definitely looks like it. I am surprised nobody mentioned it in the thread.

If you are talking about the X-Men 26 you bought from MH, ONE PERSON put it at 4.5, not "all of us". screwy.gif

I would give this one a 6.5 and the X-Men a 6.5...unless the X-Men has water damage on the back cover at the base of the spine. Looking at the scan, it definitely looks like it. I am surprised nobody mentioned it in the thread.

I would agree, and even if there is a little moisture stain at the bottom of the X-Men BC, I'd still go 5.5.

6.0/6.5

you guys really put on the gloves for GA books.... makepoint.gif

Book is an 8.0 if not for the fraying on the top half of the spine.

My deduction of 1.5-2.0 points is very strict. poke2.gif