• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck's most recent column explains it all....

59 posts in this topic

Here's the real problem that I have with many dealers!

They try to compare the "Back Issue Comic Book Market" to other goods.

To the Dealers: OTHER GOOD HAVE A COST TO MANUFACTURE!!!!

I read where major dealers don't want to give discounts, and they get frustrated when they see other dealers giving discount (because it hurts pricing). Please realize, that GUIDE value is NOT the COST of the COMIC BOOK. The cost to produce the comic book happened many years ago.

If another dealer is able to purchase a 1,000 books each with a guide price of $10 per book, and only pays $2,500 and sells them for $5,000 (1/2 of guide), GOOD FOR HIM. He doubled his money.

GUIDE PRICE is just that, A GUIDE. It is NOT the Cost to Manufacture, plus Overhead plus profit. IT IS ONLY A GUIDE. makepoint.gif

I guess getting ready for a national show is a lot like preparing for an olympic event.................i mean obviously chuck's team has been downing a lot of carbohydrates in the last couple of days in order to bulk up and have that extra burst of energy available.

J.D.

i mean obviously chuck's team has been downing a lot of carbohydrates in the last couple of days in order to bulk up and have that extra burst of energy available.

I hear some of his group might be into comic doping. Much like East Germany's doping program from the '70s and '80s that produced all the female swimmers and track stars.

Is the chick at the bottom of that picture holding a dinosaur??.........'cause that looks like a massive Rack-a-saurus.

No wonder Chuck has that s**t eating grin on his face. blush.gif

Ewwww. The chick at the bottom is Chuck's daughter. Ewww eww eww.

Mommy...that Hispanic-lookin' guy is scaring me...

"That's not a Hispanic-looking guy, honey, that's Mr. Chuck Rosanski, creator of the back-issue comic book market. He's just spent too much time in the desert with funnybooks and hallucinogens. You have him to thank for the complete lack of a college trust fund. Be a good boy and go kick him in the nuts."

Gotta love those red all-star keds....

I believe those are actually Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star high tops, the #1 selling sneaker of all-time, preferred equipment for all skate-rats (and wannabes), and the reason Nike just purchased Converse. Chuck's hip man! Or maybe not... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

OK guys, it's one thing to poke fun at chuck, but i think you should leave his kids out of it.....that's just plain wrong.

27_laughing.gifLMAO.

What was it someone said about Chuck posting here?...the guy wouldn't stand a chance.

makepoint.gif