• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Indiana Jones 4: Wheelchair of Doom

25 posts in this topic

I love the original Indiana Jones trilogy...it has a special place in my heart.

But now, 18 years later....another movie? Why now? I've given up on "recreating the magic" of the originals...I'm afraid...very afraid. And, despite the fact that Ford says he is in shape for the part, I respectfully disagree. Clearly in denial. Don't get me wrong...these types of movies can go on and on and on...if you look back in history with the Sinbad movies etc. there will always be a market for fantasy/adventure movies. Just not this franchise, imho.

I know that the -script has been approved by Lucas, which has me shivering to my bones considering his latest report card on the prequels. Oh yeah--if Lucas says it's good, I believe him... tongue.gif

Shooting this year...in theaters 2008.

"Close Your Eyes! Don't look!"

Argghhh!

Too late...

melting.gif

"He Chose....Poorly."

Original Story from Associated Press:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061229/ap_en_ot/george_lucas_indiana_jones_1

Uh Oh...We Didn't Mean That

http://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_indy4.php?id=115

Discuss!

I dunno confused-smiley-013.gif

after seeing Rocky Balboa, maybe there is hope that the movie can be good

You went to see that?!? And it was good? And not repetitive?

It's a Rocky movie, you get what you paid for. I don't get how people can say it's the second best of the series, it's the same thing except with a much more dramatic tone. It's the whole old man vs. undefeated smug superstar. Old man teaches new blood old tricks and new blood beats down old man just enough before old man pulls a hulk a mania and storms back and earns the love and respect of the crowd, who minutes earlier heckled and hurled insults at him.

Yeah it was okay...but its a Rocky movie man! You either love him or you don't. If you didn't like the earlier ones, little chance you'll enjoy this one other then to see Stallone talk about woman cancer. foreheadslap.gif

Yeah Sterling, I went and saw it with the guy I coach wreslting with when the local movie theatre previewed it.

I thought it was excellent, well thought out and not at all about the fight. It was an emotional movie that finished off the Rocky saga very nicely.

Yeah Sterling, I went and saw it with the guy I coach wreslting with when the local movie theatre previewed it.

I thought it was excellent, well thought out and not at all about the fight. It was an emotional movie that finished off the Rocky saga very nicely.

Very cool. I was tempted to give it a go... thumbsup2.gif

Very cool. I was tempted to give it a go... thumbsup2.gif

Give it a shot. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised.

A few years ago I heard they were making an Indiana Jones movie where Harrison Ford goes looking for the fountain of youth and then at the end he falls in and Leonardo DiCaprio comes out. I'm not kidding.

Yeah, there has been lots of -script re-writes....I heard about one version where Ford is with his son on an adventure, as well as the underwater city of Atlantis. I don't know what it has morphed into.

A few years ago I heard they were making an Indiana Jones movie where Harrison Ford goes looking for the fountain of youth and then at the end he falls in and Leonardo DiCaprio comes out. I'm not kidding.

Yeah, there has been lots of -script re-writes....I heard about one version where Ford is with his son on an adventure, as well as the underwater city of Atlantis. I don't know what it has morphed into.

If it can come close to being as good as Holy Grail, then ill be happy.

I am waiting for this, however they are taking their oh so sweet time.

I am also hoping for JP 4 (Oh, JP stands for Jurassic Park)

Still like Harrison Ford once said "He isn't getting any younger".

Also rumors are Sean Connery will be back aswell.

I am waiting for this, however they are taking their oh so sweet time.

I am also hoping for JP 4 (Oh, JP stands for Jurassic Park)

Still like Harrison Ford once said "He isn't getting any younger".

Also rumors are Sean Connery will be back aswell.

Great. Two old guys on an adventure. yeahok.gif

Yeah, there's no denying that it will not look good having a senior citizen swinging on ropes...I just don't see how they can pull it off...unless it becomes a Davinci Code type mystery movie with little action.

If that's the case, wake me up when it's over. sleeping.gif

My understanding was that this project was deader than that German guy who got his face melted off.

Yes, and like all Friday the 13th movies, Jason (and this movie) gets resurrected. It's on...really...it...is....

Funny you mention that...I've been reading all sorts of problems for a while on this one...I know Speilburg didn't want to make another one...so obviously the creative element wasn't aligned.

Actually, after reading this...it appears just as in the air as before. Speculate on, I guess. I read the original article...this post makes things more vague.

problem is, Spielberg (and Ford) turned their Back(s) on the golden goose...instead of making this 10++ years ago, they thought they could (both) turn anything into a hit...did NOT turn out that way for either , especially Ford...wish them both luck