• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for Cap OA

8 posts in this topic

I am thinking about picking up a piece or two of OA, and would like to get a piece from either Captain America Winter Soldier or Red Menace.

Any one have a page here on the boards for sale?

Also, as ive never bought a page before, how much would shipping be? Also, what sizes am I looking at?

Arex

Any one have a page here on the boards for sale? No, not me tongue.gif

as ive never bought a page before, how much would shipping be? actual? about $10. What you will be asked to pay? depends on the seller, but up to $20 mad.gif

Also, what sizes am I looking at? Modern art is typically 11" X 17"

Mike

Any one have a page here on the boards for sale? No, not me tongue.gif

as ive never bought a page before, how much would shipping be? actual? about $10. What you will be asked to pay? depends on the seller, but up to $20 mad.gif

Also, what sizes am I looking at? Modern art is typically 11" X 17"

Mike

Thanks Mike!

Arex

First stop, Splash Page Comic Art:

Epting Cap Art

Second stop, Artist's Choice:

More Epting Cap Art

Third stop, Comic Book Art Gallery:

Mike Perkins Cap Art

And last but not least, back to Splash Page:

Michael Lark Cap Art

Thanks for taking this tour of some of the Brubaker run Cap art available for sale. Enjoy your spending!

J

Any one have a page here on the boards for sale?

#1 I don't have one, but find our who the artist and inker were and you can probably find the rep that handles art sales and get the hookup pretty easy.

#2 You can mikeyriffhard (sp?) who sells those runs of modern books in the forum only sales...he has a really nice cap page by Ron Garney he is thinking of selling.

as ive never bought a page before, how much would shipping be?

Depends on the seller and their shipping methods, and the value of the package. Priority mail between two sheets of masonite (hardboard) costs about $8-10, the masonite runs another $1.50-2.00 depending on their supplier and then insurance is $2.20 for the first $100 and $1.30 or so for every hundred of value after that.

The price sticker from the post office might say $10 but that doesn't equal all the costs to ship if the seller takes it seriously. And those are the best ones to deal with.

Fed Ex Ground for a standard size page is about $9

Fed Ex 2 day can run $14-20 depending on size and weight.

Fed Ex Overnight can be as much as $40 for a standard sized page.

Hope this helps.

Chris

as ive never bought a page before, how much would shipping be?

Depends on the seller and their shipping methods, and the value of the package. Priority mail between two sheets of masonite (hardboard) costs about $8-10, the masonite runs another $1.50-2.00 depending on their supplier and then insurance is $2.20 for the first $100 and $1.30 or so for every hundred of value after that.

The price sticker from the post office might say $10 but that doesn't equal all the costs to ship if the seller takes it seriously. And those are the best ones to deal with.

Fed Ex Ground for a standard size page is about $9

Fed Ex 2 day can run $14-20 depending on size and weight.

Fed Ex Overnight can be as much as $40 for a standard sized page.

Hope this helps.

Chris

If anyone is looking for a good original art shipping product, Bags Unlimited has a Newspaper mailer that measures 24x15.5 (product code MNP) that is great in combination with the 1/8 thick pads (product code FNP, I use 5 per mailer). The package is VERY sturdy and keeps it lightweight, the cost of packaging, Priority Mail shipping and insurance(up to about $400-500) in the US is usually about $15 or so. I have used these for years and have had NO shipping damage issues, including dozens of international shipments as well.

If anyone is looking for a good original art shipping product, Bags Unlimited has a Newspaper mailer that measures 24x15.5 (product code MNP) that is great in combination with the 1/8 thick pads (product code FNP, I use 5 per mailer). The package is VERY sturdy and keeps it lightweight, the cost of packaging, Priority Mail shipping and insurance(up to about $400-500) in the US is usually about $15 or so. I have used these for years and have had NO shipping damage issues, including dozens of international shipments as well.

What do they run per mailer? Yes I am too lazy to look it up... insane.gif

Chris

What do they run per mailer? Yes I am too lazy to look it up... insane.gif

Chris

Min purchase is (5) for $9.50, pads are (5) for $5, however I purchase them in lots of (50) for $56.80 or (100) for $103.50, pads (200) for $93.60. Min cost would then be approx. $7, bulk cost is about $1.50 for the combo.

BTW, if any board member need a single one(mailer + (5) pads), I would offer to send one via slower mail(1st class?) at cost + shipping. They are easy enough to seal for shipping that it could be reused, just cut tape at the seams.