• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage auction. Did you get what you wanted?

33 posts in this topic

Aman619;

I believe that Dave owns the Mile High run of Action #1 to #23. The rest of the Actions are probably in the hands of other collectors. Dave amy also own the occassional one after #23, but this I am not sure of.

I got the All American 20 and the Flash 31. Unfortunately, I got caught in a bidding war for Jumbo #10 where I had to spend nearly double what they expected it to fetch, but Im still waiting on the floor auction for that one. Im also hoping whoever wins the Amazing Man 22 flips it at the next auction....All in all, I think I probably spent too much now, but I guess thats why they give you a few months to save up again 27_laughing.gif.

Still looking for Fantastic 3 and National 26 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks, Im thinking about consigning some books there and using a cash advance if something falls through to the post auction direct sales. I saw where you bid on some stuff, did you end up with anything from this one?

Maybe one day i'll find those damn Fantastic 3 and National 26 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I won 5 Atlas books and 1 DC book the first day (4 White Mountains and 2 Circle 8). Last night I won 1 Harvey (Witches Tales #18 a d File Copy).

Several books I wanted didn't meet reserve. The one I wanted the most of any book in the whole auction has way to high of a reserve (5 times guide for a VF copy). The other books are more reasonable buy over $1K each, so I probably won't pick them up.

Looking for a few books on Saturday.

Good Luck Everyone!!

Anybody got an ideas what would be reasonable (as if paying hundreds of dollars for old comic books would ever be reasonable), amounts for all the Pre-Hero Marvels. Basically a percentage of Guide based on condiion would be benefically.

I'm thinking for VF- or below, guide would be about correct.

VF to VF+ 110-130% of guide

VF/NM or better 130-150% of guide.

Too high, Too Low or just right (Goldilocks).

Also, the Tales of Suspense #3 in NM- is priced right at guide. Good deal or too much money (regardless of guide) for a non-key book?

I attended the auction on Thursday through Saturday. Some ridiculous prices realized (Sad Sack??? who knew???) anyway, I grabbed a Jumbo Comics 82 Big Apple copy, Some Stan Lee File Copies of FF: 70, 73, 94, Avengers #12 Circle 8 (overpaid...oh well).

I have to say on Thursday I heard the words 'wait' far too often from a certain bidder after an auction had supposedly closed, only to see that bidder accomodated. But don't mind me...I'm just sour grapes because he snagged the one Mile High copy I wanted....All in all, I enjoyed the live bidding aspect more than the internet bidding.

Since you attended the live auctions, would you be able to let the rest of us know the approximate number of people that actually showed up for the live bidding. One poster said that there were only approx. 20 people at the live bidding. This appears to be an abnormally low number since the auction was being held during the SD-Con.

Appreciate hearing back from you with your reply.

Since you attended the live auctions, would you be able to let the rest of us know the approximate number of people that actually showed up for the live bidding. One poster said that there were only approx. 20 people at the live bidding. This appears to be an abnormally low number since the auction was being held during the SD-Con.

Appreciate hearing back from you with your reply.

I was at the live auction from start to end on Friday night. There was about 20-25 people at the start of the auction. From the middle to the end of the auction is had dwindled down to about 8-12 people. This auction featured mostly Marvel books from Silver and Bronze.

20 bidders?? No. Maybe a total of twenty people including the Heritage staff on Thursday and fewer people on the following days which surprised me because I thought that Saturday would be attended heavily. Heritage does get a tip of the hat for providing some excellent food catering service for those bidding.

Correct about 20 people attending the auction. Actual bidders about 5. Most of the winning bids came in over the internet, either live internet bidding or internet pre-bids.

Thursday saw alot of bidding done by BH representing someone else. I was beaten a number of times by him. And of course there were 5 BSD watchers in the back row just tracking the auction results. The other nights the internet bids clearly set the pace.