• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

Waylander, I seem to have missed your news, are you heading stateside to live? Sounds exciting!

Yup, my family and I are moving in about four weeks. We are relocating to Florida, just south of Naples. We are going mainly for family reasons, all my wife's family live there and my mum retired to Jamaica, so closer to everyone.

It is exciting, but also daunting, also moving 12,000+ comics, plus my statues, busts, lithographs and book collection is a pain - why do I collect so much. :facepalm: Good news, if a goes to plan, I will end up with a large Man cave :headbang:

Brian

Waylander, I seem to have missed your news, are you heading stateside to live? Sounds exciting!

Yup, my family and I are moving in about four weeks. We are relocating to Florida, just south of Naples. We are going mainly for family reasons, all my wife's family live there and my mum retired to Jamaica, so closer to everyone.

It is exciting, but also daunting, also moving 12,000+ comics, plus my statues, busts, lithographs and book collection is a pain - why do I collect so much. :facepalm: Good news, if a goes to plan, I will end up with a large Man cave :headbang:

Brian

Wow - that is some move (worship)

what a clever boy!

what is a rotter or sod.

and why are rockabilly fellas teddy boys?

You're quoting the Bill Grundy interview... :/

Rotter = rogue

Sod = useless, contemptible person

Rockabilly is not the same subculture as Ted.

Teds came along in the 1950s, and adopted Edwardian style clothing whilst listening exclusively to pre-1962 white rock 'n' roll.

Rockabillies in England came along in the early 80s, sporting a more American style rocker look coupled with confederate flag symbols.

The two subcultures often came to blows in the suburbs of North London.

And then there were the Psychobillies, that odd hybrid of punk and rockabilly.