• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

tallyhoing the tallywhackers tonight teddyboys?

I haven't seen a teddy boy on the streets of London since the early '80s. Or rockabillies, psychobillies, mods, and rockers.

I rarely, if ever, see any punks, skins, goths, etc. on my city's streets anymore either - must be at least a decade, although there are occasionally the odd goth types lurking around Camden market. But it's very unusual.

You go to gigs these days, everyone dresses roughly the same. Do I miss the days of tribal London, the seedy rundown hellhole of the late ' 70s?

Not really.

As I was not there,or really alive long(where was I in 77?Being borned),I have just read about it and listened to the tales and music,so I guess it is romanticized to me.

But do I miss grunge.....nope,and that seems like the last great musical movement to me.Some will scream hiphop,but that was happening with the Clash..outskirts of society like Kirby,natch! ;)

And Andy,dont forget,we are a tad behind you here in the colonies... lol:/

Edited by porcupine48

Saw X-Men Days Of Future Past on Tuesday at the IMAX cinema in Waterloo.

Better than First Class, and possibly any other X-Men movie, apart maybe from X2.

It had promise and did stay reasonably close to the source material, but did lose its way towards the end, with the usual silly grand guignol destruction fest for the finale. Could've been a much better film if it didn't have to obey genre constraints (and had a less functional -script) but it had its moments, and that'll do. Certain actors had hardly anything to do in this film, but the X-Men is an ensemble piece, so that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Quicksilver was amusing, it has to be said.

A slightly missed opportunity given what the producers had to work with.

Saw X-Men Days Of Future Past on Tuesday at the IMAX cinema in Waterloo.

Better than First Class, and possibly any other X-Men movie, apart maybe from X2.

It had promise and did stay reasonably close to the source material, but did lose its way towards the end, with the usual silly grand guignol destruction fest for the finale. Could've been a much better film if it didn't have to obey genre constraints (and had a less functional -script) but it had its moments, and that'll do. Certain actors had hardly anything to do in this film, but the X-Men is an ensemble piece, so that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Quicksilver was amusing, it has to be said.

A slightly missed opportunity given what the producers had to work with.

:applause:

One of the papers criticised the latest X-flick in its review section because it was continuity-based (i.e. you had to have seen all the previous installments). Stuff and nonsense methinks, and besides, that's what franchises are all about.