• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise presents a Toronto Comic Book Fan SuperShow on Sunday March 25, 2007

90 posts in this topic

Paradise Conventions presents:

Toronto Comic Book Fan SuperShow

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Regency Ballroom

Holiday Inn on King

370 King Street West

Toronto ON - Canada

11AM-5PM

Admission: $5

http://torontocomicon.com/story.asp?storyID=80

Back for 2007, the one-day SuperShow is a low cost alternative to the annual events. A mixture of vendors and creators, fans who have attended the last two SuperShows have raved about the fun they have had at these events.

Guests will be announced in February 2007.

Vendor tables on sale now. Contact info@torontocomicon.com or call us at 416-487-9807.

---

Other upcoming events from Paradise Conventions:

Monday, March 19, 2007

A Private Signing with Stan Lee

Los Angeles, CA

Paradise Conventions is making it's second annual trip to Los Angeles, CA to visit Stan "The Man" Lee for a private signing, primarily for books that will be submitted to CGC for grading and encapsulation for their prestigious Signature Series. If you are interested in submitting books for this signing, please contact us at paradisecomics@on.aibn.com or 416-487-9807

---

Friaday, June 8 - Sunday, June 10, 2007

Paradise Comicon

Hall C, Direct Energy Centre

Exhibition Place

Toronto ON - Canada

The 5th Annual Paradise Comicon is Toronto, Canada's largest convention that focuses on all types of comic books and sequential art. Unlike most comic book conventions we keep the attention on comic books and graphic novels by developing programming around content and creators. The Paradise Comicon is the home of: The Women of Comics Symposium

www.womenofcomics.com and the Joe Shuster Canadian Comic Book Creator Awards www.shusterawards.com. CGC is the official grading service of the Paradise Comicon, the only Canadian comic book convention they accept submissions at.

2007 GUESTS OF HONOUR: Terry MOORE, Marv WOLFMAN.

SPECIAL GUESTS: Adrian ALPHONA, Amanda CONNER, Darwyn COOKE, Tania DEL RIO, Michael GOLDEN, Justin GRAY, Tom GRUMMETT, Dale KEOWN, Francis MANAPUL, Michael Avon OEMING, Jimmy PALMIOTTI, David (Mouse Guard) PETERSON, Darick ROBERTSON, Nicola SCOTT, Dave SIM, Gail SIMONE, Cameron STEWART, Ty TEMPLETON, Billy TUCCI and hundreds of additional creators.Guest list subject to change. New guests added all the time.

Are you interested in appearing as a guest, or setting up in our Artists Alley or Dealer Area? Please contact us at info@torontocomicon.com, 416-487-9807 or download the vendor package from our website http://torontocomicon.com/downloads.asp

Tickets go on sale starting March 25, 2007 at the Fan SuperShow.

---

Sunday, August 5th, 2007

Paradise Cottage Comicon

Lionshead Resort and Yacht Club

Jacksons Point, Georgina, ON - Canada

http://torontocomicon.com/story.asp?storyID=79

Lionshead Resort and Paradise Conventions have teamed up to deliver the first ever "Cottage Comicon". Our first convention outside of Toronto, this event will combine the elements of the Comic Book Fan SuperShows and transplants them to the gorgeous Lionshead resort on the shores of Lake Simcoe during one of the busiest holiday long weekends of the year. This event will be very relaxed and tongue-in-cheek. Low cost vendor tables on sale starting March 25, 2007.

---

Events scheduled after August 5, 2007 will be announced in June.

Attendees will be able to vote for the annual Joe Shuster Awards at this event at the Joe Shuster Awards booth.

Online voting for the JSAs begins on March 5th, 2007.

Check out the JSA website to view the 2006 published works lists (English and French Language) currently being considered by the Nominating Committee in January and February. The JSA Administrative Committee would appreciate any feedback re: errors and / or omissions on / from the lists.

www.shusterawards.com

First announced SuperShow guests:

J. Torres (Writer of Teen Titans Go!, Ninja Scroll and Degrassi: Extra Credit Graphic Novel series)

Francis Manapul (Artist, Iron and the Maiden)

Agnes Garbowska (Artist, EvilRabbit Studios)

The following dealers have confirmed that they will be setting up at the March 25th Supershow and have reserved their spots:

3rd Quadrant

4EverComix

All New Comics

Comic Book Addiction

Cyclone Comics

The Dragon

Honestly Evil

Jeliboos Comics

KevtheMev Comics

Mannish Mistry Comics

Moe's Attic

Monte Cohen

Paradise Comics

Shockwave Comics

Unknown Worlds Comics

Wes Hagen

Plus:

CGC Submission Centre

The Joe Shuster Awards Voting Centre

Max the Mutt Animation School

Only 8 tables left!

Note: Two of the 8 remaining tables are corners. Corner tables come with an extra table.

3 Dealer tables remain available as of this afternoon.

3rd Quadrant

4EverComix

Academy Comics

All New Comics

Comic Book Addiction

Cyclone Comics

The Dragon

Hairy Tarantula

Honestly Evil

Jeliboos Comics

KevtheMev Comics

Kewl Collectibles

Mannish Mistry Comics

Moe's Attic

Monte Cohen

Paradise Comics

Shockwave Comics

Understreet

Unknown Worlds Comics

Wes Hagen

Plus:

CGC Submission Centre

The Joe Shuster Awards

Max the Mutt Animation School

Howard Wong, writer of the upcoming Image Comics series AFTER THE CAPE will be appearing at the Toronto Comic Book Fan SuperShow! on March 25th.

An interview with Howard Wong about the project:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=98930

A sneak preview of the first issue can be found here:

http://www.brokenfrontier.com/headlines/details.php?id=2297

AFTER THE CAPE #1 (of 3) is scheduled to ship on March 14th.

ATC_01_cvr.jpg

Plus: CGC Submission Centre

Hey there -- does this mean that I would be able to make submissions directly @ the show? Just a drop off, or are they slabbed directly (while I wait, maybe 893crossfingers-thumb.gif) @ the show? What's the skinny, kind Sir?

Please forgive my ignorance of such things. I have yet to make my 1st CGC submissions, but am eager to do so... any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks... hail.gif

Exactly right Jason. There will be a place for people to submit their books to CGC and they will be shipped down for grading and encapsulation then shipped back.

I see 893scratchchin-thumb.gif... so, just so I can prepare myself:

Will I still pay for the shipping TO Florida, then? The difference being that I simply hand-deliver my books for CGC while @ the show to ship themselves vs. doing it myself - yes? Is there (will there) be a different submission form to fill out? So, all standard fees/ postage/ insurance/ costs still apply, I expect?

Sorry for the noobie questions, but this seems like a solid opportunity for me to finally get some of my own items graded! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks guys... hail.gif

I was wondering the same thing about teh CGC drop-pff center. In the show Paradise usually puts on in late April/June (which I go to every year as it is great) the representatives from CGC are there and we do not have to pay the shipping to CGC.

Is it the same here?

Thanks!