• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odd grades...

11 posts in this topic

Just the other day I gave a book a grade of 5.725. insane.gif

I am going to cut the eBayer some slack.

It seems to me if one uses a numerical system (as opposed to VF+, etc...) then there are numbers that could be used if an item falls between CGC grades. In other words, it is not up to CGC to define the "only" numbers that can be used.

Of course Jeffro grades with finer precision and a more incisive eye wink.gif then I would advocate, but I think the general argument is sound.

Stephen Ritter, a well-respected dealer, grades between CGC grades and in my opinion grades fairly.

Of course, whether or not this eBayer, cited in above posts, is a good or fair grader is another matter.

Dennis

Of course Jeffro grades with finer precision and a more incisive eye wink.gif then I would advocate, but I think the general argument is sound.

Damn right!! I'm all about the accuracy. Kinda like the time I gave a book the highly defined grade of 8.53987462578799 and a half.

screwy.giftonofbricks.gifinsane.gif

Damn right!! I'm all about the accuracy. Kinda like the time I gave a book the highly defined grade of 8.53987462578799 and a half.

I saw that book and you TOTALLY overgraded it. It was clearly a 8.53987462578799 and a quarter.

Just the other day I gave a book a grade of 5.725. insane.gif

It seems to me if one uses a numerical system (as opposed to VF+, etc...) then there are numbers that could be used if an item falls between CGC grades. In other words, it is not up to CGC to define the "only" numbers that can be used.

Stephen Ritter, a well-respected dealer, grades between CGC grades and in my opinion grades fairly.

Of course, whether or not this eBayer, cited in above posts, is a good or fair grader is another matter.

Dennis

thumbsup2.gif

I saw that book and you TOTALLY overgraded it. It was clearly a 8.53987462578799 and a quarter.

foreheadslap.giftonofbricks.gifsorry.gif

Sure, but that doesn't apply here. There is a big difference between 8.6 and 9.6

Sure, but that doesn't apply here. There is a big difference between 8.6 and 9.6

Agreed.

Last line of earlier argument --"Of course, whether or not this eBayer, cited in above posts, is a good or fair grader is another matter."

Dennis