• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mega-Con in Orlando Feb 16-18...who's going?

23 posts in this topic

Let's get a show of hands....who's going to MegaCon this year and who would be interested in attending the third annual MegaCon Forum dinner? (at a place we have yet to determine, but most likely on Saturday night)

I know Brent from Qualitycomix and I will be there. hi.gif

Who else?

I'm might go...and am even considering getting a booth. I've got about 4 longboxes of duplicates and extra stuff I want to sell and the eBay route is taking up too much time. Mostly Silver and Bronze Marvels and DC's with some (but not a lot) of Modern stuff. It is $725 for a booth and I'm wondering if it would be worth my while to do it? I only got back into collecting a few years ago and haven't been to a show in more than 25 years!

Any input/opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

- Greg

Unless you plan on bringing a lot of stuff, I can't imagine it would be worthwhile for you at $725/booth + hotel + gas, etc.

The Tampa convention, which runs 3 times a year, would probably be a better bet. I think Tim still charges only $75 for a table there.

I will of course be there! I'll have a corner booth up and running!

I am very excited about this convention! It was a lot of fun last year. Does anyone know if there will be another OA auction from ACTOR? If there is I will be going prepared this time. yeahok.gif

I am very excited about this convention! It was a lot of fun last year. Does anyone know if there will be another OA auction from ACTOR? If there is I will be going prepared this time. yeahok.gif

I wonder if that would have been a good win now King 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wonder if that would have been a good win now King 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If what would have been a good win?

If you're talking about that Cockrum mystery piece that I let get away at Heroes, then I also wonder the same thing 27_laughing.gif Nobody could give me a straight answer though!!! 893censored-thumb.gif

I'll be there for sure. I'm not getting a booth this year though. I'm sure I'll regret that as the show approaches, but no big deal. Atleast I'll have a lot more time to find some deals.

Someone else I know better get me a dealer's pass. poke2.gif

I will be there at least one full day and would like to attend my first forum dinner.

Find me a ME Ghost Rider #7 in F/VF or better while your there. confused-smiley-013.gif

Sure thing. Just send me a reminder a day or two before.

I'll be there for sure. I'm not getting a booth this year though. I'm sure I'll regret that as the show approaches, but no big deal. Atleast I'll have a lot more time to find some deals.

Any chance of an additional dealers pass showing up?

hi.gif

I went ahead and got a booth for this year. It is a crappy location because I waited so long to reserve it. So if anyone wants to buy, sell or trade the best books with a nice guy, I'll be at booth #1117 against the right wall from the entrance.

BTW, I may have an extra dealer badge if anyone is intersted.

The Tampa convention, which runs 3 times a year, would probably be a better bet. I think Tim still charges only $75 for a table there.

I was going to set up at the last Tampa show and Tim said it was sold out... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim