• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just wanted to share some of my Walking Dead collection...

509 posts in this topic

I won a copy of #1 on Ebay last night for $66. I can't believe I shelled out that much for a modern. I'm in the process of reading the 12 issued HC (when I get the time to read that is). Great story so far. Which issues are the hardest to find besides #1?

Congrats on the pickup! Hopefully it ends up grading at 9.6+, if so, you got a nice deal! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Heck, A few months ago , raw copies of #1 were reaching $100+ on ebay screwy.gif

As far as other tough-to-find issues, definitely #2 (might even be harder to find than #1 893whatthe.gif), and #5 and #6. After you're finished with the HC, I'm sure you'll be hooked and trying to scoop up all those original issues thumbsup2.gif

It's a great series and well worth a pick up if you can. It depends what you want it for, but this will be one for your kids to benefit from I reckon if you are going to hang onto it and enjoy. It has longevity in my opinion and there have to be some real stars for the future, which I reckon this will be. Same goes for The Goon stuff too as well as quite a few others.

I managed to get 1-27 off ebay and the first 6 are all signed by Kirkman & Moore and I didn't pay too hefty a price either.

Something I did pay a hefty old price on last night was a lovely 9.2 Twilight Zone #84, I paid over the book on it but I had to have this beaut for my Miller collection which is only a few light now. I also got a lovely 9.6 #85 at the same time.

My objective this year is to buy far far fewer but as high a grade as I can, or my bank balance can!!

Oh yes.... that Serb cover is great too!!

"I went through it with Preacher, Sandman, etc."

But those were 90's books with vastly higher print-runs. There are unopened cases in warehouses that will water down any price of those, Not saying you're not right to a certain extent, but isn't a lot of the price in the early issues of WD because there are so few of them?

----------------------------------------

And I had no idea there were Serbian editions! That's crazy, we're talking about a book that sold what, 25-40K copies in the U.S., what does it sell in Serbia, a country that's like 2% the size ...500 copies?

I love that collection Steve. I finally got time to check it out from home (photo bucket is blocked at the office). I love the zombie head sketch especially. Thanks for sharing. 893applaud-thumb.gif

hi.gif Thanks Brian grin.gif

Back on topic

I bought #1 when it first came out and its was in 9.8 shape. A little while after that I was offered somwhere around 5 or 10 bucks for it and I sold it foreheadslap.gif

OUCH 893whatthe.gif

Wow, that sucks... I'm Sorry...

Right when the series came out, I bought my CGC 9.8 copy for $30

Needless to say, I'm VERY glad I hung onto it yay.gif

Back on topic

I bought #1 when it first came out and its was in 9.8 shape. A little while after that I was offered somwhere around 5 or 10 bucks for it and I sold it foreheadslap.gif

OUCH 893whatthe.gif

I wish I did the same sorry.gif I want one but now I have to pay big bucks foreheadslap.gif

Back on topic

OUCH 893whatthe.gif

I wish I did the same sorry.gif I want one but now I have to pay big bucks foreheadslap.gif

Yeah, that sucks frown.gif

I got a #1 in CGC 9.6 last night for $100. I figured it was a good deal because raw copies are selling for $70-80 and 9.8 copies go for anywhere from $150-200. Any way, I'm happy to have a copy. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I got a #1 in CGC 9.6 last night for $100. I figured it was a good deal because raw copies are selling for $70-80 and 9.8 copies go for anywhere from $150-200. Any way, I'm happy to have a copy. 893applaud-thumb.gif
Cool 893applaud-thumb.gif