• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ART DAY! - Pre-code Horror Cover, ADVENTURES INTO THE UNKNOWN

6 posts in this topic

mister trent. very nice. an silver age cover and unpub to boot. you can,t beat that. congrats. on the nice find. it would be nice to know the back story on was it was not printed. . iam thinking maybe the comic code authority did not dig the image of death ? confused-smiley-013.gif

larry ;]

mister trent. very nice. an silver age cover and unpub to boot. you can,t beat that. congrats. on the nice find. it would be nice to know the back story on was it was not printed. . iam thinking maybe the comic code authority did not dig the image of death ? confused-smiley-013.gif

larry ;]

1952 would make it a pre-code book so no problems from the CCA.

larry ;]

Thanks for the warm wishes. Scotty Moore, who sold me the cover, informed me that the editor would sometimes request a few covers (for an intended issue) to choose from (Stan Lee would often do this at Marvel). This one got consigned to the files . . .

mister trent. thanks for that back story it always good to read that kind of stuff when you see an un-pub cover or page again congrats on a nice pick up.

adamstrange. thank,s for your correction on the cca date info. i know there was a reason i joined this board it,s great to hang out with collectors with brains. thumbsup2.gif

larry ;]