• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

neatstuffcollectables

35 posts in this topic

Anyone ever deal with this seller. They have some huge auctions for hundreds of thousands of books. Wonder if they're legite. How could someone sift through four hundred thousand books and come up with a price? Any info would be appreciated.

Anyone ever deal with this seller. They have some huge auctions for hundreds of thousands of books. Wonder if they're legite. How could someone sift through four hundred thousand books and come up with a price? Any info would be appreciated.

I have purchased from them in the past. Books were .5 to 1 point overgraded and they tried to charge me about 55 dollars shipping for 10 books. A few nasty emails later and they dropped the shipping charge to where it should have been. They still took 6 weeks to ship my books. My advice....steer clear.

Scott

I bought a VF+ Magnus Robot Fighter #1 from them that had a crease running the full length of the back cover. Also several NM 1970's Marvels that were not. When I hit their auctions anymore, I quickly hit the browser's "back" button.

Here is the other recent thread about them:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...p;vc=1&nt=1

One of their guys is a board member, so usually people don't speak so freely...,

I bought a book from them on eBay. I'm in Canada and they billed me $5.00 for int'l shipping (air mail) which is fine, but I saw in their listing that they also have an extra service charge for Canadians which I believe is another $5.00. So, even though they didn't invoice me to pay extra, I included $12.00 for shipping. When they received my payment they emailed me, asking for another $5.00! I said $17.00 for airmail is ridiculous, how much to send it Global Priority? This is a better service, btw. They got back to me about a week later and said that I had paid enough for airmail. Now, as lizards2 says, when I see their listings, I just move on. I can't be bothered with their *spoon*, and I'd rather give my money to people that I get along with well.

Andy

where are they located? do they have a store?

No store. Only by appointment.

Some photos of Neat Stuff office space and employees.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...s_promot_widget

I'm obviously going to be in a minority here, but I have bought a few of there small lots recently and I have found there communication and shipping fees pretty good. I can also say that the comics I have received have been excellent sent really well packed and arriving within a few days.

I am not interested in clear out buys, unless they are like the ones I got from Sweden earlier this year, but that was high quality and an exception to the rule.

I guess you take things as you find and so far all has been ok and the prices were very low.

I tried to buy off them one time on Ebay a while back but after I won I never recieved the item. I emailed them for almost a month with no response Finally went through Paypal and got a refund from them. was told they were having employee problems. It was only a 25.00 book. It might have been just a fluke. But I have avoided their auctions ever since.

I bought three single digit FFs from them years ago on ebay - all advertised in the 3.5- 5.0 range. One was graded correctly, one overgraded by two grades, and the third was in the ballpark, but had a small glue smear on the cover (amatuer tear seal).

It was back in the day of no shipping discounts, which was slightly annoying, but the books arrived quickly and well packaged - I've since read that customer service is not a strong point with them.

I kept all three books as I had won them with low ball bids, and was still somewhat satisfied, but became leery of making future purchases. Happily, I was able to sell all three at a profit down the line.

Bottom line, avoid unless it's a HTF book that is a deal even if overgraded, and pay via Paypal.

Even for them, that's hilarious. More like 800 boxes of dumpster content. Got to love the $2,500 shipping fee.

You have a way to ship 800plus long boxes for around $3 each,please share it with the class. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Even for them, that's hilarious. More like 800 boxes of dumpster content. Got to love the $2,500 shipping fee.

You have a way to ship 800plus long boxes for around $3 each,please share it with the class. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe not coast-to-coast, but I imagine you could get a freight hauler to take it to the midwest for less.