• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM this ASM 300---pay attention to the back cvr

17 posts in this topic

Just bought this off of ebay, I should have known the no back cover scan would be bad.

The book was listed as a VF...I was more then surprised about the condition (in a good way) until I looked at the back cover. Small sticker (bottom right corner).

The front cover top right is not a tear, even though the scan makes it look like it. Just a little bit of wear

Whats everyones opinion on what the sticker drops the grade to.

scan0001-1.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Well, the price sticker is the killer. Without it, it could probably be an 8.0. With it, its probably in the 5.0-6.0 range. Stickers are a tough call for me.

Since the sticker is on the back cover then I'm inclined to grade it 6.0.

if it was on the front cover, I would grade it 4.5/5.0.

Hit it with a blow dryer to heat and loosen the adhesive, then peel it off. The worst that can happen is that there will be a bit of adhesive residue making it no worse than it is now. Best case scenario is it peels right off with little or no residue.

Hit it with a blow dryer to heat and loosen the adhesive, then peel it off. The worst that can happen is that there will be a bit of adhesive residue making it no worse than it is now. Best case scenario is it peels right off with little or no residue.

Can not believ I did not think of that. I used it many many times for wax stains on cards and to remove price stickers from toys.

Thanks for jogging my memory. It work perfect. NO RESIDUE at all headbang.gif

I kinda like the sticker and personally would leave it on. I don't think the book is worth slabbing even if the sticker was removed.

However, if you want to get rid of the sticker - I would use Goo Gone and a Q-Tip. LIGHTLY swab the sticker until the only the sticker soaked. leave it for a few minutes and then it will just lift off. The Goo Gone will evaporate pretty quickly and doesn't leave any stain behind. Still, I would probably just leave the sticker be and keep the book raw in Mylar.

Nice book regardless!

Put it back on Ebay with a grade & BC scan....but put " UPC / Newsstand VARIANT " in the auction title. wink.gif

Then it would go for Double!! 27_laughing.gif

Can not believ I did not think of that. I used it many many times for wax stains on cards and to remove price stickers from toys.

Thanks for jogging my memory. It work perfect. NO RESIDUE at all headbang.gif

Now it's an 8.0