• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry info update

11 posts in this topic

My son,who was about 8 at the time absolutely loved that movie. He watched it at least once a day for six months. I really came to hate that movie.

There's something about this flick that appeals to young boys. When I saw it first-run, I loved it so much I begged my mom to take me back to see it the following day. As a result, my best friend and me spent the rest of that summer playing ninja in our backyards .... Ah, memories.

Then I saw the stupid thing again as an adult. And I'm still trying to figure out just what a "jive coolie" is ...? Not to mention why the mobster's girlfriend was wearing that outfit with headlights on her, um, headlights and a license plate on her, uh, derriere.

Oh yeah, and just what the 893censored-thumb.gif was in that aquarium, anyway?!

Alan

It's one of the few movies (like Diehard) that you can watch like once a month and still enjoy it. Many movies are hard to stomach on the first viewing let alone multipy viewing. Maybe the cool Motown soundtrack had something to do with it.

Tod

Maybe the cool Motown soundtrack had something to do with it.

Tod

Exactly what I thought - El Debarge's Rythym of the Night and any movie with Vanity (?) in it at the time did it for most young boys tongue.gif

But what is this doing in the Registry forum? a Thread that got lost somehow? smile.gif

and any movie with Vanity (?) in it at the time did it for most young boys tongue.gif

Hey Darth, for the ultimate Vanity movie check out "Never Too Young to Die" from 1986. Just ignore the John "Uncle Jesse from Full House" Stamos scenes, and close your eyes whenever Gene Simmons is on screen (trust me on this one) and you might just see some Vanity (. )( .) grin.gif

Alan