• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic Book & Toy Spectacular February 18 - Need some advice and opinions

37 posts in this topic

In response to Jeffro's original query:

I'm with Nik, mike h and Julius. Not a mind-blower but worth going to.

BUT (there's always a big but) I live close by. I've gone to shows and walked out with an armload and also I've gone to shows and struggled to find anything to buy. I tend to have better luck when a dealer shows up with recent stock.

Keep in mind I'm a cheap-arse, which colors my views.

Don't tell Dave, but I am planning on setting up at this one in Feb...I'm trying to clear my weekend to do it. gossip.gif

Still no ckb sighting. frown.gif

I'm still hoping he will be there. We need to make an exchange.

Don't tell Dave, but I am planning on setting up at this one in Feb...I'm trying to clear my weekend to do it. gossip.gif

I'm going to stay home and count my books. frown.gif And my kids.

A one, a two, a three....

I'm still hoping he will be there. We need to make an exchange.

Toon Tumbler related?

Nope. Comics

Although I need to get some of those tumblers one of these days.

Well, I didn't make it to this show after all, but I'd like to hear from those who did make it and what did you score. grin.gif

Saturday morning I decided not to go. Mainly because I am trying to save some cash for another comic purchase.

So, whadja get? poke2.gif

Well, I didn't make it to this show after all, but I'd like to hear from those who did make it and what did you score. grin.gif

Saturday morning I decided not to go. Mainly because I am trying to save some cash for another comic purchase.

So, whadja get? poke2.gif

A 20% increase in attendance and a lot of happy comic book collectors! yay.gif

Try again May 6 with special guest Inker/artist Dexter Vines of Superman/Batman and Civil War.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

It wasn't overwhelming - in fact, I was surprised to see the empty tables - but I made some purchases that I was happy with. Payette had some Raboy wall books that were nice to look at; several tables I frequent had some new stock. One featured a bunch of BA and SA I hadn't seen them bring before, but the books were unpriced. They could have gotten more of my money if they'd seen fit to take care that minor detail. One infrequent dealer brought some really nice Atlas westerns and other misc books.

What else? Oh - Ted had a peanut butter sandwich for lunch. And its always nice to see folks.

So certainly not a bad show but not quite spectacular. Not knowing what Jeffro collects I'm not sure if it would have been worth a trip from CT, but it was worthwhile for me.

So certainly not a bad show but not quite spectacular. Not knowing what Jeffro collects I'm not sure if it would have been worth a trip from CT, but it was worthwhile for me.

Many things, but right now my priority is DC war books in 7.0 or better.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

It wasn't overwhelming - in fact, I was surprised to see the empty tables - but I made some purchases that I was happy with. Payette had some Raboy wall books that were nice to look at; several tables I frequent had some new stock. One featured a bunch of BA and SA I hadn't seen them bring before, but the books were unpriced. They could have gotten more of my money if they'd seen fit to take care that minor detail. One infrequent dealer brought some really nice Atlas westerns and other misc books.

What else? Oh - Ted had a peanut butter sandwich for lunch. And its always nice to see folks.

Our Boston show is Jim Payette's only convention appearance. He always brings great stuff. A lot of attendees get hung up in the foyer of the show when they get hit first with incredible displays of books from Jim, Superworld Ted and Odyssey Comics.

We were five tables short of a sell-out with no industry guest. We had a couple of dealers who were asked to not come back last show because they could not follow a few simple rules regarding respecting the show and the other dealers. They were not missed. No individual dealer is more important than the other dealers.

I am willing to bet that you will not see any empty dealer tables at the May 6th Boston show with special guest Dexter Vines of Civil War and Superman/Batman.

Any takers? confused-smiley-013.gif