• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Repeat Viewings of Comic Book Related Films!

37 posts in this topic

To expand on the X-3 thread created by JC, I was wondering how people felt about certain comic book fims after repeat viewings. Here's a list I compiled for myself:

Spider-Man #1 and #2 - Both films stand up really well after multiple viewings. I've probably seen each film about 5 times and love every minute of it.

X-Men #1 - #3 - All 3 films are decent, and initially X-2 was my favorite. However, after I rewatched the film on DVD, I was disappointed with the lack of action scenes. X-3 has some major plot holes, but is a lot more fun to watch (especially the last 30 minutes) after multiple viewings. I don't think I'll ever rewatch the first 2 again unless I press the fastforward button.

Hulk - I've only seen the film twice, and both times I was disappointed. Remarkably, both times I fell asleep during the mutated dog fight scene. I'll probably never watch this film again.

Daredevil - Same as the Hulk. Watching it twice was more than ebough for me. I can't stand Ben Affleck's smugness (although, Colin Farell was good as Bullseye).

Fantastic Four - Surprisingly, I disliked the film even more on a second viewing. The only thing keeping me entertained while watching it in the theater was Johnny's antics. However, once I knew what the punch lines were they pretty much fell flat to me. I can take Jessica Alba's performance due to her looks, but Reed and Doom were completely wrong.

Batman Begins - Here's the biggest surprise for me. When I watched this film in the theater, I was completely blown away. It probably ranked in my top 3 of all time comic book themed movies. When I purchased the DVD, I was extremely enthused about rewatching it. However, once the suspense and shock factor was taken out of the equation, I felt it was only average. I still think it's one of the best comic book adaptations, but I doubt if I'll rewatch it anytime soon. I'm not a huge fan of the original 4, so viewing them once was good enough for me.

Superman I - V - I still enjoy rewatching Superman's I, II and III (Yes III), but 4 is not surprisingly a stinker. I wasn't too impressed with Superman Returns, but I'm hoping it gets better with multiple viewings.

There are lots of others (Elektra, Punisher, etc.) that I'll probably never rewatch again.

As far as which movie(s) I've seen the most (in general), it would have to be Clint Eastwood's Spaghetti films (Fist Full of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good the Bad and the Ugly). I must have seen these films about 30 times each, and I still love them all. cloud9.gif

Batman Begins: Still my favorite comic movie of all time after many viewings. I can see what you say about it losing something after the first watching. The element of surprise was gone with the Ras Al Ghul/Ducard thing.

The Punisher (2004): I enjoyed it in the movie theatre and every time since.

Superman Returns: Didn't like in the theatre but it has grown on me at home.

Spider-Man: Loved it the first time and have watched it many times since.

Spider-man 2: DIdn't like it in the theatre but over time have learned to truely hate it. It reminds me of a Chekov play (not from Star Trek) or Kafka novel.

I could not even sit through: Daredevil; Fantastic Four; Elektra

Hulk was like a train wreck. The film got worse from scene to scene but I kept watching. I pray every day that I never see that film again.

Spider-man, X3 and Batman Begins stood up well for me on repeat viewings. Blade almost makes the list.

Out of the others, X2 was easily the most disappointing of the bunch the second time through. A boring, meandering movie with no overriding plot or story. sleeping.gif

I don't watch the horrible ones like Daredevil, Elektra, FF, Punisher, Hulk, etc, more than once.

Didnt care for the Spiderman films. Still dont. I liked the x-men saga best. Ive seen the first 2 numerous times. Havent seen Fantastic Four and by the looks of some of the colorful comments made about it i probably wont. insane.gif

I loved the original Batman movie with Adam West. That part on the dock when he has that huge bomb and he's trying to get rid of it...

batbomb.gifthumbsup2.gif

"There's somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb."

I loved the original Batman movie with Adam West. That part on the dock when he has that huge bomb and he's trying to get rid of it...

batbomb.gifthumbsup2.gif

"There's somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb."

I thought the scene where Batman is on the rope ladder hanging from the helicopter, dips down into the ocean and comes out with a shark on his leg was hilarious. He actually asks Robin to pass the shark repellent, sprays it and it falls off. How much better can it get. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif