• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Daredevil #91 Black picture frame

22 posts in this topic

3 spine stress marks cresent crease on bottom thumb crease on righy edge by white border, another small thumb crease at right edge by Fear's cape, tiny upper right corner impact with small light color breaking crease 8.5 nice book though

3 spine stress marks cresent crease on bottom thumb crease on righy edge by white border, another small thumb crease at right edge by Fear's cape, tiny upper right corner impact with small light color breaking crease 8.5 nice book though
screwy.gif

screwy.gif
893applaud-thumb.gif

What based on everyone's grade for my ff 122 this one with these flaws is that grade confused-smiley-013.gifflowerred.gif Look at the circles on the book to see the flaws and tell me I am missing something after 28 years of collecting I think I can find flaws on a comic. It still is a very sharp copy. Just appears their is a little bias on these boards towards some peoples books as compared to others. shy.gif

angel.gif

DD91.jpg

What based on everyone's grade for my ff 122 this one with these flaws is that grade confused-smiley-013.gifflowerred.gif Look at the circles on the book to see the flaws and tell me I am missing something after 28 years of collecting I think I can find flaws on a comic. It still is a very sharp copy. Just appears their is a little bias on these boards towards some peoples books as compared to others. shy.gif

angel.gif

I agree with you on some peoples books getting bias, even had PM discussions with others about it.

Honestly though with how small these defects are I think if submitted it'd come back 9.2 or 9.0 at the lowest.

My Hulk 181 had at least 8 color breaking spine creases yet they were all small and it came back 9.2.

angel.gif

I agree with you on some peoples books getting bias, even had PM discussions with others about it.

Honestly though with how small these defects are I think if submitted it'd come back 9.2 or 9.0 at the lowest.

My Hulk 181 had at least 8 color breaking spine creases yet they were all small and it came back 9.2.

I agree this is a high grade book myself and might get a 9.2. I had a ff 122 on the Grading forum w/ no color breaking spine ticks, or edge wear just a slight /very slight upper corner bump and the guys were saying between 8.5-9.0,9.2. I know its only opinions it just kind of disturbs me how bias people are towards people they may know better. Longer I am on these boards the more little klicks I see. Sad part based on the threads I read 99.9% of the guys seem very nice overall. Just wish they would try to break away from their groups a little more.

If you try to read meaning into .2 grading discrepancies on this board, you're never going to be happy. confused-smiley-013.gif

The FF 122 you keep bringing up had a rounded corner/ding with color loss...to my eye, this book's corners look razor sharp, so I imagine we're all giving it an upward nudge for that. Some flaws are more magnified (or more hidden) in scans...I do see the ticks on this book now that you point them out.

All of us here have posted books to this forum that we thought were a certain grade, and had them get hammered (whether fairly or unfairly). Definitely nothing you should take personally.

flowerred.gif

If you try to read meaning into .2 grading discrepancies on this board, you're never going to be happy. confused-smiley-013.gif

The FF 122 you keep bringing up had a rounded corner/ding with color loss...to my eye, this book's corners look razor sharp, so I imagine we're all giving it an upward nudge for that. Some flaws are more magnified (or more hidden) in scans...I do see the ticks on this book now that you point them out.

All of us here have posted books to this forum that we thought were a certain grade, and had them get hammered (whether fairly or unfairly). Definitely nothing you should take personally.

flowerred.gif

Like my conans frown.gif I thought 9.4 on one of them, scanner showed ncb crease that you can't notice until you hold it in the weirdest angles. 893censored-thumb.gif