• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Smorgasbord of High Grade Flash

14 posts in this topic

Can one book be a smorgasbord? Anyways, this beauty is deserving of special attention, and is featured in the Heritage January Signature Auction. Is there any genre hotter right now than HG pre-1962 SA DC, and within that genre, is there any title hotter than Flash?

Disclosure Dept:Procured from the same owner that I got the HG Uncle Scrooge run from (as featured in the New Smorgasbord of High Grade Ducks thread). Same disclosure applies.

Flash #121 CGC 9.2 C-OW--All alone at the top of the Census. This book is insanely difficult to find in this kind of grade. In fact, I never could. It turned up after I had sold off my Flash run! frustrated.gif The next best copy is "only" a 8.5.

823022014o.jpg

4x guide already

Overstreet seriously needs to rethink its Flash prices for higher grades. They're just not even close to reality.

- c/ow pages. i don't even have to think about bidding.

I thought cream pages don't bother you? poke2.gif

- c/ow pages. i don't even have to think about bidding.

I thought cream pages don't bother you? poke2.gif

they don't - i was hoping they would bother everyone else.

27_laughing.gif It's very annoying when other people can tolerate the same defects as you yourself do.

4x guide already- c/ow pages. i don't even have to think about bidding.

4X would've been a bargain. Including BP, the book is at 5X Guide now! When multiples are consistently 10X for 9.4 copies and 4X or higher for 9.2 copies for a given title, it's seriously time for Overstreet to crank up their prices by at least 50%.

I will say, however, that bidders appear to be fairly discriminating on the Flashes and not just the air-headed label chasers everyone accuses them of being. The Flash #124 which is also on Heritage, which is also 9.2 and C-OW pages, is currently only at a 2.6X multiple. The labels for the #124 and #121 show the same grade and page quality, but the #121 presents SO much better and doesn't have the same tanning and general dingy appearance of the #124. The bidding (at least thus far) appears to be recognizing that difference. thumbsup2.gif

Can one book be a smorgasbord? Anyways, this beauty is deserving of special attention, and is featured in the Heritage January Signature Auction. Is there any genre hotter right now than HG pre-1962 SA DC, and within that genre, is there any title hotter than Flash?

Disclosure Dept:Procured from the same owner that I got the HG Uncle Scrooge run from (as featured in the New Smorgasbord of High Grade Ducks thread). Same disclosure applies.

Flash #121 CGC 9.2 C-OW--All alone at the top of the Census. This book is insanely difficult to find in this kind of grade. In fact, I never could. It turned up after I had sold off my Flash run! frustrated.gif The next best copy is "only" a 8.5.

823022014o.jpg

...Sweet book,...I didn't even know Heritage was still in business,...for some reason I stopped getting catalogs months ago,...I just figured they shut down,... confused-smiley-013.gif

Tim,

What's with all the 9.2s? I thought you always said that 9.2s were beneath you. poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

You're right, I would never own a bunch of lowly 9.2s. The Scrooges I'm selling even include a 9.0! 893whatthe.gif Such is the difference between getting books to flip, and getting them to own. tongue.gif