• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Action Comics only thread pre issue 30

149 posts in this topic

has nobody got a #12? that's my grail...

The only time I see a #12 is when it's a total beater copy. Ebayer "thejudge" is selling a 1.0 copy on ebay right now for $1,200 crazy.gif which is a quick flip attempt from a Heritage win.

The only nice copy I remember seeing is a CGC 7.5 copy that sold on ebay a couple years ago for big money.

ah 'thejudge', at it again,,, yes #12 doesn't show up too often,. along with the ones you mentioned, is the one that Steve Lauterbach (comgeek-investmentcollectibles.com),..used to have on his site, which he must have sold, it's no longer listed, it was a CGC 2.0 unrestored.

Interesting that the 2.0 copy is no longer available on investmentcollectibles website. I wonder if it sold at the $1,900 asking price? That's like 4 times guide for a 2.0. If I ever get a copy it's probably going to have to be restored to make it affordable.

what did it finally sell for?

I think it was about 2200 but can't recall offhand if it was all cash or trade.

Anyway, here's another hard to find issue. NFS, This one looks nice but interior is messed up;. someone cut the Supe pages out and then put them back in.

Action13cvronly.jpg

There is a cover I never really noticed before, very cool.

The actual first undeniable Lois Lane cover (23 and 24 both maybes)

Action27nbc1940.jpg

I Started a post about this almost two years ago. That is clearly Lois Lane on the cover of #27 I am not sure, why OS has not made the changes. They sugested that I sent in photocopies of the covers, and try to get the changes made, but I never did. They show #29 to be the first. I'm not sure about #23 and #24

BTW some of these books are missing from my Action Comics Thread. Any scans in that thread, would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

action7.jpg

hello all...

this is the only action I have owned since I sold my 1-100 run 10+ years ago...I traded it away towards some of my tec run I put together last year..

rick

action7.jpg

hello all...

this is the only action I have owned since I sold my 1-100 run 10+ years ago...I traded it away towards some of my tec run I put together last year..

rick

That one is on my short list of Actions.