• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis promotional codes?

20 posts in this topic

hi.gif Mike

I'm not sure, but I believe they do consider offers on books.

I think it is pretty well known that they don't budge on price but will sometimes ship for free. I just noticed an area for promotional codes when I was getting ready to check out and was hoping I could save on shipping or something.

I'm trying to remember, and I think once in the last two years they sent an email with a special code for some kind of discount (shipping or a select group of books?). I could be wrong though.

Mile High are the ones that have a special code once or twice a month.

We deal on books every day- just not every book. Sometimes we think our prices are fair, other times we may be working on a thin profit margin and other times the books may be on consignment making it impossible to discount. But when we have the room and think the offers are fair we do negotiate. Please never assume we will not budge, give us a chance- you may be pleasantly surprised. We will be coming up with a new Promotion that will go out today. Thanks for your support!

Vincent

* I would suggest offering us $300 for a book we have priced at $1000- probably a waste of time for both of us- you wouldn't believe how many offers like this we get a day-Ugggh!

hi.gif Mike

I'm not sure, but I believe they do consider offers on books.

I think it is pretty well known that they don't budge on price but will sometimes ship for free. I just noticed an area for promotional codes when I was getting ready to check out and was hoping I could save on shipping or something.

I think it is safe to say lower and mid grade books have a better chance of having an offer being accepted. HG stuff usually sells sooner or later, so unless an offer is really close to their original asking price I imagine Metro, (or any other dealer for that matter) would decline it.

But it never hurts to ask! It is all part of the dance.

Ze-

Hello all! Ben Smith from MetropolisComics.com here. Happy New Year!

Ask, and you shall receive smile.gif I just made a special promo code for board members that will take $10 off the shipping price of your order. And the passcode is... UNDERDOG

I'll repost this as a new thread as well, so that folks on the forum are aware. I hope everyone who uses the code will find something nice. Thanks again for your business and support, we do appreciate it.

Hello all! Ben Smith from MetropolisComics.com here. Happy New Year!

Ask, and you shall receive smile.gif I just made a special promo code for board members that will take $10 off the shipping price of your order. And the passcode is... UNDERDOG

I'll repost this as a new thread as well, so that folks on the forum are aware. I hope everyone who uses the code will find something nice. Thanks again for your business and support, we do appreciate it.

hi.gif Ben Welcome to the boards. headbang.gif

For those few who seem to have luck getting Metropolis to offer a discount, please share your technique.

Here is the response I recieved.

Thanks for the offer, but our grade and price are firm. Let me know if I can help with anything else. Thanks!

Frank

boo.gif

We deal on books every day- just not every book. Sometimes we think our prices are fair, other times we may be working on a thin profit margin and other times the books may be on consignment making it impossible to discount. But when we have the room and think the offers are fair we do negotiate. Please never assume we will not budge, give us a chance- you may be pleasantly surprised. We will be coming up with a new Promotion that will go out today. Thanks for your support!

Vincent

* I would suggest offering us $300 for a book we have priced at $1000- probably a waste of time for both of us- you wouldn't believe how many offers like this we get a day-Ugggh!

My experience has been opposite of this the two times I have tried to negotiate. I was flat told that you don't move prices or grades by Frank.