• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else putting OA into Comic Link's Signature Auction

27 posts in this topic

I am putting 4 pieces myself and I am not without a little hesitation....thus everything has reserves. I know this will be a test for them in this area.

Seems like Josh is working to get the word out there....Anyone have any thoughts of how this will play out ?

I am putting 4 pieces myself and I am not without a little hesitation....thus everything has reserves. I know this will be a test for them in this area.

Seems like Josh is working to get the word out there....Anyone have any thoughts of how this will play out ?

Josh is trying hard to do a good job in this auction. I wish him the best. He certainly has some choice pieces this time.

While I haven't put anything for sale, I have to admit that so far it looks like it's going to be a great auction, there are a lot of high quality pieces and I'll probably be bidding on a couple of them smile.gif

Josh, keep up the awesome job!

Alberto

Definitely some nice stuff, but nothing that is too interesting for me and my particular collecting interest. I haven't looked at stuff lately to see if anything new has been added. My one concern with it is it comes right after the Heritage auction which also has some nice stuff as well as several other auctions which could dillute the cash pool for buying. Throw on top the convention schedule kicking in and ...

I sent an inquiry about selling a piece, but haven't heard back from them yet.

From the looks of the preview pictures, it looks like one person has contributed a large % of the original art for this particular auction -- they all have the same background

Josh is trying hard to do a good job in this auction. I wish him the best. He certainly has some choice pieces this time.

Did I hear right that you have to pay in order to bid on the auction?

Joseph

I hadn't heard that ! 893whatthe.gif

Any predictions before the Auction ends? I'm impressed by the results so far on the Punisher #1 cover, the ASM #6 page, and the ASM cover.

Question - is there a Buyer's Premium on the final bid? I can't find any Auction Rules on the website. If so, what is it?

Any predictions before the Auction ends? I'm impressed by the results so far on the Punisher #1 cover, the ASM #6 page, and the ASM cover.

Question - is there a Buyer's Premium on the final bid? I can't find any Auction Rules on the website. If so, what is it?

There is no buyer's premium. However, if you pay with a credit card, expect a 3% fee tacked on when you check out.

There is no buyer's premium. However, if you pay with a credit card, expect a 3% fee tacked on when you check out.

Is that on the site somewhere about the 3% additional fee?

I looked all over for something but could not find it.

Most CC company agreements strictly prohibit the charging of fees for using the service.

C

Most CC company agreements strictly prohibit the charging of fees for using the service.

C

Nothing on the site. You only find out about it when you are going through the checkout process.

C

Nothing on the site. You only find out about it when you are going through the checkout process.

WoW...that's the kinda thing that can cost you your CC seller's account. gossip.gif

It happened to a friend of mine who had a similar policy posted in his store.

Amex and Visa threatened to pull his account.

C

C

WoW...that's the kinda thing that can cost you your CC seller's account. gossip.gif

It happened to a friend of mine who had a similar policy posted in his store.

Amex and Visa threatened to pull his account.

C

That's probably why it's not stated explicitly anywhere on the site. Looks like a backdoor policy... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was able to snag a bronze page for under a C note (after the juice). As far as the 3%, they call it a buyers premium, which most auction houses have, BUT you get a 3% discount if paying by check, MO or wire transfer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was able to snag a bronze page for under a C note (after the juice). As far as the 3%, they call it a buyers premium, which most auction houses have, BUT you get a 3% discount if paying by check, MO or wire transfer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Pay by CCD. Get a receipt and then complain to your card company!

That will get him some trouble quick

Any opinions on what the Spider-man page went for?

My opinion is that $17k is reasonable for that page -- it's one of the earliest Ditko spidey pages in circulation and has some nice panels. I like the panel of Spidey swinging by the dino skeleton. What can you say, it's ultra-early Ditko Spidey, has all the major characters on the page, Spidey in a bit of action, and a great bit of plot with Liz and Flash Thompson.

The art is somewhat raw as some of those early books were, which is kind of endearing as a collector.

The chunks out of the margin were a little distracting to me but a good frame job would minimize that.

It'll be interesting to see who landed it! thumbsup2.gif

Any opinions on what the Spider-man page went for?

My opinion is that $17k is reasonable for that page -- it's one of the earliest Ditko spidey pages in circulation and has some nice panels. I like the panel of Spidey swinging by the dino skeleton. What can you say, it's ultra-early Ditko Spidey, has all the major characters on the page, Spidey in a bit of action, and a great bit of plot with Liz and Flash Thompson.

The art is somewhat raw as some of those early books were, which is kind of endearing as a collector.

The chunks out of the margin were a little distracting to me but a good frame job would minimize that.

It'll be interesting to see who landed it! thumbsup2.gif

It's been a very strange year for Ditko ASM. From the Mastro 31 book to the prices realized by Heritage and the 2nd Mastro book - it will be interesting to see what follows in the coming year.

With the ASM 6 page, I just find it ironic, because Conrad had that page for 20K and I would certainly think he would have taken 17K cash for that page.