• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOOD TO BE BACK!!!

23 posts in this topic

Just wanted to send out a quick "hello" hi.gif to everyone. I was only gone for about 8 days but it felt like months!!! I'll try to do some catching up and post some pics of my visit to Doug's place where he was generous and kind enough to share his collection of Strange Tales and the ultimate marvel book ...his Fantastic Four #1 in 9.6. I'm still in awe that I held them in my humble hands. I have some great photos to share but I wanted to check with Doug first if he's ok with me posting them since it was in his house. The Caribbean was amazing but the highlight for me was hanging out with Doug... I'm such a comic geek!!! thumbsup2.gif

Greggy, I didn't expect to come home to minus 49 degrees ( with the wind chill ) boo.gif ugly stuff!!! Danny, I didn't see the X-men 9.8 sorry.gif but I'll tell you guys and gals, Doug's stuff is museum quality and amazing to see in person for any true fan that appreciates the finest books around!!! I'll post the pics once I get them all back from the photo shop. I had to use disposable cameras as my digital camera decided that it was time to die on the day we got there foreheadslap.gif

Greggy, I didn't expect to come home to minus 49 degrees ( with the wind chill ) boo.gif ugly stuff!!! Danny, I didn't see the X-men 9.8 sorry.gif but I'll tell you guys and gals, Doug's stuff is museum quality and amazing to see in person for any true fan that appreciates the finest books around!!! I'll post the pics once I get them all back from the photo shop. I had to use disposable cameras as my digital camera decided that it was time to die on the day we got there foreheadslap.gif

What do you have to do to get invited to his house..?????????? buy something from the vault tonofbricks.gif

gossip.gif He is a member of the secret society of Strange Tales collectors insane.gif

...and he is a nice guy !

Hi Paul ! hi.gif

So.. you are telling me that i dont get invited to Doug's house cause i dont collect ST or cause i am not a nice guy confused-smiley-013.gifpoke2.gif

Believe me, Doug would be happy to open his door to anybody that loves books as much as him if you're in the Wellington area. A total class act - top notch guy!!!

grin.gif I will make sure I WILL be in the Wellington area... and then me an Doug will crack that X-men 1 893whatthe.gif

Just kidding Doug, wouldnt dream of it shy.gif

Welcome back, Paul! Glad you got a chance to see Doug's sweet, sweet high-grade Marvels!

Oh, and I hope the cruise with the family was relaxing and fun... uh, that WAS why you were in FL, right? Or was it just a ruse to get you to Doug's vault?? 27_laughing.gifgrin.gif

Just wanted to send out a quick "hello" hi.gif to everyone. I was only gone for about 8 days but it felt like months!!! I'll try to do some catching up and post some pics of my visit to Doug's place where he was generous and kind enough to share his collection of Strange Tales and the ultimate marvel book ...his Fantastic Four #1 in 9.6. I'm still in awe that I held them in my humble hands. I have some great photos to share but I wanted to check with Doug first if he's ok with me posting them since it was in his house. The Caribbean was amazing but the highlight for me was hanging out with Doug... I'm such a comic geek!!! thumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gifhail.gif

Welcome back. thumbsup2.gif