• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me pick my first SS book thread

Which book should I choose??  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which book should I choose??

112 posts in this topic

I chose 233 because it has no entry in the SS; and...well, I thought the N'Gari (Brood) Demon throwing the car at Colossus was an impressive display of raw ...oh, never mind...sigh!

I've got a dumb question regarding this witnessed signature and if you carefully break it out of it's case in front of a CGC employee that's confirming signatures,

do they still make you go through the whole submitting process again? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes you have to go through the whole process again, IF you are adding additional signatures. Just make sure the witness includes the original yellow label and you should be fine.

If you go beyond the three choices, I do agree with Beyonder's choice of 251. One of my favorite X-men/Wolverine covers.

Here are a couple of other recommendations.

X-men 229 is one that I've overlooked in the past. But it's a great team picture (in my opinion, better than the classic 126). And the background is light-colored which would allow his signature to appear better (the sun portion to the right of Colossus).

x229.jpg

X-men 242 is fun also. Personally, I'd love to have/see a full run of the Inferno books SS CGC'd. I was a sucker for the "Evil" Wolverine & Storm. What a combo with some options. Not to mention, I loved the cheesy Archangel over the regular Angel any day (though I admit that I never noticed the pink on his suit, doh!).

X242.jpg

Pat

If you go beyond the three choices, I do agree with Beyonder's choice of 251. One of my favorite X-men/Wolverine covers.

Here are a couple of other recommendations.

X-men 229 is one that I've overlooked in the past. But it's a great team picture (in my opinion, better than the classic 126). And the background is light-colored which would allow his signature to appear better (the sun portion to the right of Colossus).

x229.jpg

X-men 242 is fun also. Personally, I'd love to have/see a full run of the Inferno books SS CGC'd. I was a sucker for the "Evil" Wolverine & Storm. What a combo with some options. Not to mention, I loved the cheesy Archangel over the regular Angel any day (though I admit that I never noticed the pink on his suit, doh!).

X242.jpg

Pat

All three are great covers but unfortunately I dont have high grade copies of either three. frown.gif

So due to the fact that I do not want to take a chance with a book over 100 dollars I am now confused as to which book I will like to get signed for my first SS book. Opinions are welcomed. Thanks

236 is my choice from the 3 listed, but if I were to submit a single book for Silvestri....it would be 251 thumbsup2.gif

251.jpg

I fully agree, I thought of this one right away, but saw you already had your 3 options you personally (and that is what it is all about right?) liked. This is a 'modern' classic cover as far as I am concerned, great choice Chris!