• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My trip to Doug's (aka ... the most amazing books I've ever seen in person)

82 posts in this topic

Er, how about "In addition to that," rather than "Instead of that," for those who won't be at WW Philly this year? poke2.gif

Nope, you gotta come to Philly to participate in the first forum dinner to (hopefully 893crossfingers-thumb.gif) gather together the original finders of many of the hobby's best Pedigree collections, along with the collectors that love them! acclaim.gif

Wow, is that the "theme" Brian mentioned????hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Yes -- it will hopefully be great -- and I am going to start the organization very soon -- not going to worry about grudges or any sort of bad feelings -- and encourage everyone to come out and just celebrate the hobby and to put aside any differences or problems they may have... hopefully Borock will be helping me in this effort.

And you told me to go to chicago and miss this poke2.gif

Just read between the lines, Danny... poke2.gif

Er, how about "In addition to that," rather than "Instead of that," for those who won't be at WW Philly this year? poke2.gif

Nope, you gotta come to Philly to participate in the first forum dinner to (hopefully 893crossfingers-thumb.gif) gather together the original finders of many of the hobby's best Pedigree collections, along with the collectors that love them! acclaim.gif

Wow, is that the "theme" Brian mentioned????hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Yes -- it will hopefully be great -- and I am going to start the organization very soon -- not going to worry about grudges or any sort of bad feelings -- and encourage everyone to come out and just celebrate the hobby and to put aside any differences or problems they may have... hopefully Borock will be helping me in this effort.

Wow, that's a heck of an effort, if you guys can pull it off. So who's going to be there from the finder side? Chuck (MH), Beerbohm (SF), Weist (WM), Roter (PC)?

I'm going to literally beg Chuck to come -- especially since I feel confident I will be able to see him in person at some point, introduce myself etc. Bob has been a supporter of this site, and I met and spoke with him in Baltimore, and I think this is an idea he would be behind.

I think I can get Fishler (Allentowns etc) to come, going to try for Roter (Pac Coasts), Vinny and Bob (Oaklands), Al Stoltz (Lost Valleys) but we'll see how this effort goes...

Fishler? Allentowns? What about Payette?

I understand Payette's involvement in the Allentowns, the problem is Payette only really does on local show in Boston, and I think it'd be doubtful that he would travel to Philly. If I can talk to Steve about it, perhaps he'll be able to encourage Payette to come.