• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghost Rider 10

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know who did the cover art for Ghost rider 10 of the M.E. series? Comics.org doesn't have an artist listed for the cover.

All the other covers are Ayers or Frazetta. This cover has some elements of Ayers -- the Ghost Rider and the face of Frankenstein, for example -- but the overall composition and power of the drawing is coming from someone else, IMHO. Look at the unusal (for Ayers) inking of the ground and the hands of the drowning man. In the case of Bobby Benson 14 he inked Schomburg so perhaps he was collaborating with someone else here? I'm reminded of Jack Katz's work from this time period. Or perhaps Ayers was swiping -- something he did on the cover to Ghost Rider 13.

GhostRider10free.jpg

I didn't realize Bobby Benson #14 was penciled by Schomburg.

It makes sense given how dynamic it is.

Good Grief, I've never seen that before - amazing!

STEVE

The interior story matches the cover and is an excellent example of the horror theme crossing over into the Western genre. Lots of headless bodies, endangered females, and a mad scientist.

I didn't realize Bobby Benson #14 was penciled by Schomburg.

It makes sense given how dynamic it is.

Good Grief, I've never seen that before - amazing!

STEVE

The interior story matches the cover and is an excellent example of the horror theme crossing over into the Western genre. Lots of headless bodies, endangered females, and a mad scientist.

Interior scans can be found on the boards here.