• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Heros, should I be watching?

19 posts in this topic

I was watching some NFL playoffs over the weekend and I saw a commercial about a TV show called Heros.

Cool looking commercial, talking about how to stop an man from exploding, and then one of them flew off into the sky.

Is this superhero stuff? Or is it like all the TV shows out there today and just another "Dawson's Creek" wrapped in a different package?

I already watch Smallville, and I have to admit I can't stand the Clark / Lana melodrama they keep throwing at us ( They are done MOVE ON for god sakes please!!! ), I really don't think I can handle watching more of this stuff.

Artboy99

The girl can't be killed - lets blow her up or something.

I'm not so sure about that. Remember when she was "killed" by having that tree branch driven into her neck? She only recovered when the coroner pulled the wood out of her. Until that point she was dead.

...tried to get into Heroes during the last marathon last week,...it just didn't do anything for me,...the cast is very pretty but the plot doesn't really move too quickly,...and there is one chick there that I couldn't really figure out what her super-power was,....the tall blonde,..as far as I can tell she is some kind of super-slut, cause all she does is spoon the other guys on the show,...if that's the case then I guess my sister was a super-hero too, and I never realized it,... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So is it superhero stuff? Or is it "Dawson Creek" and all about their relationships?

example: I love you Clark, but you mad me angry so I am going to sleep with Lex and carry his baby. I hate that stuff.

Artboy99

No, not garbage like Dawson's Creek. I wouldn't call it traditional superhero fare in terms of costumes and such, but it's quite interesting. Some of the "powers" so far wouldn't seem very useful for say fighting a Magneto type and the main villain is one bad mofo who can do all sorts of lethal stuff to you from a distance.

I'm not so sure about that. Remember when she was "killed" by having that tree branch driven into her neck? She only recovered when the coroner pulled the wood out of her. Until that point she was dead.

That makes a good point...

Do you think wood is her kryptonite?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That makes a good point...

Do you think wood is her kryptonite?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My theory is that anything that would cause a lethal wound and is left in the body, say a bullet that is not removed, would kill her.

When that foreign object is removed, she will heal.

I was watching some NFL playoffs over the weekend and I saw a commercial about a TV show called Heros.

Cool looking commercial, talking about how to stop an man from exploding, and then one of them flew off into the sky.

Is this superhero stuff? Or is it like all the TV shows out there today and just another "Dawson's Creek" wrapped in a different package?

I already watch Smallville, and I have to admit I can't stand the Clark / Lana melodrama they keep throwing at us ( They are done MOVE ON for god sakes please!!! ), I really don't think I can handle watching more of this stuff.

Artboy99

I love Heroes!!!!

I can't wait till it comes back on the 22nd!!!!

I am watching it but it has never really grabbed me. For a while I fewlt I was simply not understanding it and it weas going over my head but I realized, especially from the board messages, that no - lots of missing stuff being slowly filled in.

But I have to say it is incredibly non-visceral, if that makes sense. I get very little from it as far as real core reaction, compassion, relating to characters etc etc etc. It is, well, pretty bland to me.