• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Bronze X-MEN thread?

1,202 posts in this topic

a recent upgrade courtsey of Nik......

Great Book. Congratulations.

I just sent off X-Men 96,97,98,99 and 101 to CGC.

I hope some of them score that high.

Update:

My books have been listed as "Verified" by CGC since Feb. 27th.

As of today the status has changed to "Scheduled for Grading".

Maybe I will have some results soon

On a side note I also just received my packet in the mail for joining the Collectors Society. Yay!!! Now I can finally get a few of my pre 1975 books graded.

Great books Spiderman.

Both of my copies of those books are only 9.4.

Just got my batch of books graded at CGC that I listed above. These are the grades from the web page as I have not received them in the mail yet.

X-Men 96 Came back a 6.0. What the he||. I guess I did not flip through the book good enough because it was an easy 9.2 on the outside.

X-Men 97 came back a 9.6 YAY.

X-Men 98 came back a 9.2, Oh well I already have a 9.6 of this book.

X-Men 99 came back a 9.2, which beats my 9.0 I currently have.

X-Men 101 came back a 9.6 YAY again.

X-Men 123 came back a 9.0

X-Men 125 came back a 9.2

Marvel Team up 66, My fist comic ever purchased came back a 9.4 YAY.

And lastly my two copies of Amazing Spiderman 252 both came back at 9.2

Overall, not a bad batch.

Nice job on the X-men 101 and 97.

where did you get those books in such high grade pre-CGC?

Believe it or not they came from Ebay. I don't buy many raw books from there but when I do I try to stick with known sellers and always always ask for large scans before bidding.

I have had very good luck so far as my #98 that is a 9.6 came from Ebay as well.

Believe it or not they came from Ebay. I don't buy many raw books from there but when I do I try to stick with known sellers and always always ask for large scans before bidding.

I have had very good luck so far as my #98 that is a 9.6 came from Ebay as well.

Very Nice!

Very Nice!

Thanks.

And I love the Bat Watusi dance you have going there.

Thanks Steve! :)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hey that is a great book. Congratulations.I Just noticed you are currently #17 on the X-Men 94-143 pages.When my batch of books arrive from CGC and I get them entered I will jump from #24 to #19, which will still be 500 points behind you.You have a great collection going there. I will keep an eye on your progress.Also an X-men #106 in 9.8 just sold for $688 on Ebay. A bit too much for my bank account.

Thanks Steve! :)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hey that is a great book. Congratulations.I Just noticed you are currently #17 on the X-Men 94-143 pages.When my batch of books arrive from CGC and I get them entered I will jump from #24 to #19, which will still be 500 points behind you.You have a great collection going there. I will keep an eye on your progress.Also an X-men #106 in 9.8 just sold for $688 on Ebay. A bit too much for my bank account.
Edge, good job with that #103! Another great notch on your belt!PS. That X-Men #106 9.8 that just sold is kinda fugs. Not only does it not have White Pages, but the centering was also real off... BLEH. :P - If anyone in here won it, I apologize in advance. ;)

Dude, you are on a roll this week.

Great books. I would love to have that 104. Mine is only a 9.2.

I don't think I will be catching up with you anytime soon because I still have to sell off some of my double copies in order to have any funds for new books.

Do you have any more surprises on the way?

Again, congratulations.

I will post some photos of my new books when they arrive. They will have to be photos because my scanner is not long enough to do CGC books.