• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Bronze X-MEN thread?

1,202 posts in this topic

Great pickup BeachBum.

I am typing this from my Vacation on Padre Island Corpus Christi.

Currently the winds are between 40 to 60 MPH and the tide is all the way up to the seawall. Fun times ;)

I plan on visiting the two local comic shops tomorrow in Corpus, assuming they are still there.

My dad says I have several packages waiting for me back home so I will post photos of them when I get back, as well as anything I may pick up at the stores tomorrow.

Great pickup BeachBum.

I am typing this from my Vacation on Padre Island Corpus Christi.

Currently the winds are between 40 to 60 MPH and the tide is all the way up to the seawall. Fun times ;)

I plan on visiting the two local comic shops tomorrow in Corpus, assuming they are still there.

My dad says I have several packages waiting for me back home so I will post photos of them when I get back, as well as anything I may pick up at the stores tomorrow.

lol

What? They close the causeway down before you could leave or did you decide to "ride it out"?

We are on the north side of the Island by Corpus.

We never lost electricity and everything was just fine.

However the comic shop sucked in Corpus so I did not get anything.

Going out to surf a bit now.

Later dudes.

The winner's announcement was posted on the main CGC page and now it's gone... (shrug)

lol I was just about to PM and you and ask where you saw the announcement because I did not see it on the front page and I haven't received any emails or anything from CGC. Hopefully, it wasn't an error :wishluck:

The winner's announcement was posted on the main CGC page and now it's gone... (shrug)

lol I was just about to PM and you and ask where you saw the announcement because I did not see it on the front page and I haven't received any emails or anything from CGC. Hopefully, it wasn't an error :wishluck:

Here's a link to the article. It's still in the news article list:

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.asp?IDArticle=1077

Here's the text:

"Best Modern Age Sets

worldsbestcomics Xcellence 94-143 X-Men #94-#143

This is often considered the most important run in the Modern Age X-Men series. Worldsbestcomics has managed to put together a very impressive set of books. First, the lowest-graded book in this collection is an X-Men #94 at 9.6 and from there it only gets better. Issues #113, #135, and #143 are all graded at 9.9. All of the rest of the books in this collection (including a Giant-Size X-Men #1) are certified 9.8. This makes for a set that should prove very hard for anyone to surpass."

You placed #1 for Best Modern Set... Don't understand why it's in Modern though.

You placed #1 for Best Modern Set... Don't understand why it's in Modern though.

It's in Modern because CGC considers 1975 onwards to be modern? hm

I don't know what's what anymore when it comes to the periods. I'd really like to know when Bronze starts and ends, and when Copper / Modern begins. It's really confusing. I was always under the impression that Copper/Modern began around 1980.

Congrats to WorldsBestComics on winning an award for his Bronze Age Set!

:acclaim:

Congrats, Steve!!! :applause:

Congrats Steve !!! :applause:

:acclaim: Thank you. Thank you. :acclaim:

But honestly, the congratulations really belong to Doc Watson. He was a lock to win this award until he decided to sell his X-Men 94-143 run. And I never would have been able to upgrade my run if he hadn't allowed me to make payments over time so I could purchase the books that I needed from him.

Thank you Dr. Watson :applause:

Just got back from Comic Con...

Congrats to you Steve!!! Please keep me in mind if you decide to sell. lol

- I picked up some beauties at Con, will post scans later this week...

Hey me first! :makepoint:

Just got back from Comic Con...

Congrats to you Steve!!! Please keep me in mind if you decide to sell. lol

Don't worry, Steve never sells :P

Thanks, sLiver!

I have to give credit to Doc Watson since he made the deal to send the sweet 9.8 bronze X-Men books I needed to upgrade my 94-143 run to award-winning status :acclaim:

I had to sell some of my sweet sweet copper X-Men books to raise the money for my purchase. Now, I will need to replace the books I sold so I'm hoping you guys might sell me a few :):wishluck:

But, the X-Men 94-143 books won't be for sale until Robbie goes to college.