• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Bronze X-MEN thread?

1,202 posts in this topic

Just got my grades back in for my 3 free books with coupon.

Now keep in mind that I do not have hardly any silver age books at all that are worth getting graded. I just picked the best 3 I did have and hoped for the best. Anyway on to the grades:

X-Men #12 graded at 6.5

X-Men #59 graded at 8.0

X-Men #84 graded at 8.5

Not the greatest in the world, but free is free and I'll take em.

Since I really do not read the silver age thread I just figured I would post them here where some people know me. :)

What was the best book you ever picked up from XMen at what you would consider a steal for the Issuse vs. price paid?

Every issue, #105-200, that I purchased off the rack at cover price. :)

Of course if you mean issues purchased raw off of Ebay that would be my X-Men #98 that I bought for $36.00 sent in to CGC and came back a 9.6. :banana:

So in general the XMen around 100 and up are the more common ones not to pay thru the teeth and the first 50 or so are the ones that you have to payer higher for? Im tryin to complete my full run ( #1 to Current ) and I have been running into all kinds of crazy pricing. I usually am not looking for 10s . VF, 7.5 or higher even some 7.0 type books will make me happy. I just seem to see prices all over the place for XMen. Just tryin to get an idea of approximate pricing to pay for books.

If you're going to be buying more raw, pick up an Overstreet Price Guide. It's not the cut and dry rule to live by, but at least it will give you a good ballpark price. Also try searching for completed auctions or sales and take a look at the prices.

hope that helps

So in general the XMen around 100 and up are the more common ones not to pay thru the teeth and the first 50 or so are the ones that you have to payer higher for? Im tryin to complete my full run ( #1 to Current ) and I have been running into all kinds of crazy pricing. I usually am not looking for 10s . VF, 7.5 or higher even some 7.0 type books will make me happy. I just seem to see prices all over the place for XMen. Just tryin to get an idea of approximate pricing to pay for books.

I guess it all depends on what you consider paying through the nose. $20? $50? $100? $250? $500 or more?

In the 7.0 to 7.5 range you really should not have much trouble with most issues.

Are you buying CGC graded or raw? (Edit) I just saw in your second post they are raw.

X-Men are more expensive #1-66 then cheaper 67-93 because they are re-prints.

#94-143 are a well collected set and start the new team. These run a bit more in price because of this. Issues 94-101 are probably the most expensive of these.

The best thing to do is what gacguy stated. Search Ebay's ended auctions. I'm sure plenty of the books you are looking for have sold recently.

just arrived......

Great pickup!

That one needs to be added to the 94-143 set, along with Annual #3 me thinks.

I agree.

Hey BeachBum. I noticed you have a great collection of X-Men 144 and up.

Have you started on 94-143 yet?

just arrived......

Great pickup!

That one needs to be added to the 94-143 set, along with Annual #3 me thinks.

I agree.

Hey BeachBum. I noticed you have a great collection of X-Men 144 and up.

Have you started on 94-143 yet?

I just got 12 boxes of pre-grade submissions back... I was lucky with my 144-present run... What I didn't get 9.8 for 200 up I'm currently working on. My 144-200 run is complete 9.8, just waiting for a few books to come in.

Once I'm satisfied with my 144-present run I'll start working on improving my 1-143 run.