• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Bronze X-MEN thread?

1,202 posts in this topic

Just upgraded my 4.5 copy to this one. :)

Purchased from my local comic shop.

It's not a huge upgrade but if baby steps get me where I want to go then so be it.

books looks nicer than a 6.5! hm

I was thinking the same thing. (thumbs u

Yea.

My comic shop owner said he was considering sending it in for pressing but was not sure how square bound books would do, if they could be done at all.

If that one came from the shop on Phelan, I don't think pressing would help.

If memory serves, and it originally came from the same collector that sold

him the huge lot of DC silver last summer, there may have been a glue

problem down the spine. I bought a pile of X-men and Wolvie Minis from him

had to pass on quite a bit when the money ran out.

Bingo.

It came from Scott at Comics Kingdom on Phelan Blvd.

Great store and owner by the way.

It is just a stepping stone to eventually get me to a 9.0 someday.

Beautiful book !! Squarebounds can be hit or miss on grading. IF you can find

a perfectly centered/glued spine , that, on this particular issue is the grail.

Finally won one of these on Feebay. :banana:

I have always been outbid on every 9.4 and 9.6 I bid on.

Someone came within $1 of beating me on this one as well.

This was my lowest graded book from issue 94 to 115. But not anymore. :)

X-Men111cgc96.jpg

Got this in the mail today from jonjesper, signed by Chris Claremont:

141ss.jpg

Nice! (thumbs u I chuckled when I saw you pick that up from jesperson's thread a while back because with the bonus points for SS books, I figured you would start thinking about your 94-143 run. Some sweet 9.8s popped up on Pedigree last weekend.

141ss.jpg

Nice! (thumbs u I chuckled when I saw you pick that up from jesperson's thread a while back because with the bonus points for SS books, I figured you would start thinking about your 94-143 run. Some sweet 9.8s popped up on Pedigree last weekend.

"Bonus Points" :roflmao: Get out of my head!!! ;)

I'm just working on getting some nice 'Keys' in SS. I saw the pedigree books but I'm not ready to break the bank for my Bronze run. There have been some really sweet UXM SS books popping up all over the place. I couldn't resist picking some up.

Your #1 94-143 slot is safe... for now...

It would take years for me to catch up to you.

141ss.jpg

"Bonus Points" :roflmao: Get out of my head!!! ;)

I'm just working on getting some nice 'Keys' in SS. I saw the pedigree books but I'm not ready to break the bank for my Bronze run. There have been some really sweet UXM SS books popping up all over the place. I couldn't resist picking some up.

Your #1 94-143 slot is safe... for now...

It would take years six months for me to catch up to you.

Fixed that for you (thumbs u

And I know what you mean about the sweet SS books. I don't even collect SS but some of them even had me hm and wishing I had something left in the comic budget.

New collection jumps on the list feet first.

"Inneedofcomics" has sprung onto the 94-143 list at #14. :applause:

Entire collection entered in one day.

Pretty impressive so far. He is only missing issues 96 and Giant Size 1.

Has a 94 in 9.2.

If you read the Bronze section dude, welcome aboard.

:whistle:

Just picked this up on Ebay today, $220.00 shipped after 10% coupon. $100 cheaper than 12 month average and $130 cheaper than 90 day average. :applause:

This gives me a complete CGC 9.8 run from 137 (Death of Phoenix) to 497 at the moment.

142temp.jpg

Just picked this up on Ebay today, $220.00 shipped after 10% coupon. $100 cheaper than 12 month average and $130 cheaper than 90 day average. :applause:

This gives me a complete CGC 9.8 run from 137 (Death of Phoenix) to 497 at the moment.

142temp.jpg

:applause:

Nice score Dre. That is a sweet looking copy no matter what the price. The next copy in the bronze run that is a bit tricky to find is 132. Other than that one, you can find most of them down to 120 with a bit of effort and patience.

Nice score Dre. That is a sweet looking copy no matter what the price. The next copy in the bronze run that is a bit tricky to find is 132. Other than that one, you can find most of them down to 120 with a bit of effort and patience.

What is this word you speak of, "patience"? ;)

What is this word you speak of, "patience"? ;)

In your case, probably three weeks lol

142temp.jpg

Darn good price. (thumbs u