• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink PGX vs. CGC books realized

22 posts in this topic

I was looking at two books listed on the just ended CLink auction. They were both Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #113, one was PGX graded 9.0 ow/w pages the other was CGC graded 9.0 white pages. The PGX book has an almost perfect wrap while the CGC copy has a slight off center wrap.

the CGC book ended at around $45

CGC Lois Lane

The PGX book ended at around $43

PGX Lois Lane

Another CGC 9.0 Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #113 (old label) sold recently for $83 by someone hitting the BIN option

CGC (old label) Lois Lane

Just a strange observance on my part. Btw: I was the one who won the PGX 9.0 copy, just looked better than the CGC copies.

I was the one who won the PGX 9.0 copy

I don't see a paratrooper on that cover...are you branching out ?? poke2.gif

I collect outside the realm of trooper covers every once in awhile. There's just something about that cover that I like. I have a few hundred non-trooper books that I haven't posted on these boards, perhaps I will when I get some free time now that the trooper books I need are getting harder and harder to find.

PGX almost sometimes looks random in grading of HGs but their mid grade books appear hell of a lot nicer then CGCs most of the time. Maybe just me.

The only experiences I've had with PGX (PGA at the time) was that they undergraded some higher grade books of mine in the 7.5-9.6 range when compared to CGC and overgraded one of my mid grade books in the 6.0 range IMO.

I've only had books CGC'd since then, and was pleased with the results as I nailed them when I pregraded them. yay.gif

I was the one who won the PGX 9.0 copy

I don't see a paratrooper on that cover...are you branching out ?? poke2.gif

I collect outside the realm of trooper covers every once in awhile. There's just something about that cover that I like. I have a few hundred non-trooper books that I haven't posted on these boards, perhaps I will when I get some free time now that the trooper books I need are getting harder and harder to find.

I was just kidding ya,.. if some book catches your eye, and you like it, then buy it,.. that's what the hobby is all about.....

PGX almost sometimes looks random in grading of HGs but their mid grade books appear hell of a lot nicer then CGCs most of the time. Maybe just me.

The only experiences I've had with PGX (PGA at the time) was that they undergraded some higher grade books of mine in the 7.5-9.6 range when compared to CGC and overgraded one of my mid grade books in the 6.0 range IMO.

I've only had books CGC'd since then, and was pleased with the results as I nailed them when I pregraded them. yay.gif

So your sayin' that if I resubmit my PGX 9.0 to CGC I might get a higher grade......me thinks I got a good deal.

Its just you. poke2.gif

I've seen some midgrade PGXs that have left me scratching my head in disbelief, books that look look no better than a 3.5 pulling 5.5.

i have sometimes been pleasantly surprised by some PGX graded books. i bought a 7.5 that looked real nice and cracked it out and got a CGC 8.5.

I am considering doing just that, but only if I get a signature oportunity for this book. Whenever that may be.

i have sometimes been pleasantly surprised by some PGX graded books. i bought a 7.5 that looked real nice and cracked it out and got a CGC 8.5.

Man that is nice, I had a PGX 8.5 cracked out sent to CGC and came back a 6.5 893whatthe.gif

hi.gif BYE BYE PGX for me after that.

foreheadslap.gif

i guess it's a hit and miss. tonofbricks.gif

Man that is nice, I had a PGX 8.5 cracked out sent to CGC and came back a 6.5 893whatthe.gif

hi.gif BYE BYE PGX for me after that.

foreheadslap.gif

i guess it's a hit and miss. tonofbricks.gif

You didn't notice a defect that would lower a grade from 8.5 to 6.5 27_laughing.gif

poke2.gifsorry.gif