• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nhyankee on Ebay... AVOID!!

36 posts in this topic

I had a buyer who never ended up paying. He was a zero feedbacker.

Relisted the book. Got a buyer who did pay. And the book is now on its way to Massachusetts.

Didn't leave any feedback for the zero feedbacker. Not that I was really worried. I just figured he (or she?) had already wasted enough of my time.

I did leave feedback for the buyer in Massachusetts right after putting the book in the mail.

I totally agree!...

N.H. (New Hampshire) Yankees do SUCK!

bestworkinpathetics8rc.png

GO COLTS!

headbang.gif

Getting cocky already? You guys haven't won anything yet, or ever for that matter... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif [/quote

I'm not really a colts fan, but I want anyone to take the pats out - ANYONE.

I'm just getting tired of them dudes.

tongue.gif

I agree.

I usually regard sellers who wait for me to leave feedback first as shady, just because if I pay promptly that ends my part of the transaction and there is nothing left for them to comment on. If sellers have nothing to fear, they should leave feedback first

You are wrong there.

There is plenty more to your part of the transaction other than paying for it.

Those who just buy don't realize some of the sleazeballs out there.

The ones who get the items then try to leverage a discount from the seller for no other reason than they can.

The ones that pay with paypal, then file a chargeback on their credit card.

Those that get their item then leave a negative feedback because they didn't receive it the day after they paid.

Those that leave a negative because they can't return the item because they changed thier mind and don't want it anymore.

And the list goes on and on and on.

Most don't realize what some buyers can be like. I never did until I started selling stuff. I figured everyone was like me. Bid, win, pay, leave feedback when I get what I bought.

But after you sell for a while you start to realize that there are a ton of people out there that make life very difficult. Sellers have as much trouble with scam buyers as buyers do with scam sellers.

Personally, when I buy. I don't care who leaves feedback first.

I leave feedback when I get my package, and it has what it is supposed to in it.

Amen! well said! I have went thur many from that list myself! That pretty much sums up why....you leave feedback selling after you get feedback!

I usually regard sellers who wait for me to leave feedback first as shady, just because if I pay promptly that ends my part of the transaction and there is nothing left for them to comment on. If sellers have nothing to fear, they should leave feedback first

You are wrong there.

The ones who get the items then try to leverage a discount from the seller for no other reason than they can.

Those that get their item then leave a negative feedback because they didn't receive it the day after they paid.

Those that leave a negative because they can't return the item because they changed thier mind and don't want it anymore.

Most don't realize what some buyers can be like. I never did until I started selling stuff. I figured everyone was like me. Bid, win, pay, leave feedback when I get what I bought.

But after you sell for a while you start to realize that there are a ton of people out there that make life very difficult. Sellers have as much trouble with scam buyers as buyers do with scam sellers.

I leave feedback when I get my package, and it has what it is supposed to in it.

You are wrong there.

I disagree. As I have said before, if someone unfairly negs you, you always have the option of posting a follow up explanation instead of leaving retaliatory feedback, it all comes down to being the bigger person. You're always going to have that one a-hole who is unreasonable no matter what, is leaving retaliatory feedback going to change that? Probably not.

Personally, I pay quickliy and I'm tired of sellers sending me poorly packaged items and holding back feedback to see if i complain... so you see, either way, eventually someone's going to get screwed. I hate eBay. sign-rantpost.gif

I feel leaving feedback gives the person the green light to act like a complete *spoon*. I have seen it happen many times. So many things can go wrong after the fact. The people who are crying about leaving feedback upon getting the money for the item...should try selling and follow what they are crying about. bet they change there way of thinking the first time they get burned. i used to trust people to...got burned. a few times....now i know better. Just because your honest does not mean everyone else plays by your rules.

You are wrong there.

I disagree. As I have said before, if someone unfairly negs you, you always have the option of posting a follow up explanation instead of leaving retaliatory feedback, it all comes down to being the bigger person. You're always going to have that one a-hole who is unreasonable no matter what, is leaving retaliatory feedback going to change that? Probably not.

Personally, I pay quickliy and I'm tired of sellers sending me poorly packaged items and holding back feedback to see if i complain... so you see, either way, eventually someone's going to get screwed. I hate eBay. sign-rantpost.gif

I feel leaving feedback gives the person the green light to act like a complete *spoon*. I have seen it happen many times. So many things can go wrong after the fact. The people who are crying about leaving feedback upon getting the money for the item...should try selling and follow what they are crying about. bet they change there way of thinking the first time they get burned. i used to trust people to...got burned. a few times....now i know better. Just because your honest does not mean everyone else plays by your rules.

yeahok.gifI'm not crying slick, just expressing my opinion. And yes, i have sold on ebay and have never had a problem, maybe I'm just lucky, but lets agree to disagree shall we?

That is fine Miss Slick. I agree to disagree. Your lucky not to have been burned on ebay. The first time tends to jade you. Perfect example...overseas with 1 feedback bidder wins item..pays..i send item...says he does not get item after a week...does a paypal charge back....i sent item (like a *spoon*) with no tracking. no tracking not a thing paypal will do for you...while this is going on...bidder gets tossed off ebay..i assume for doing underhanded stuff....paypal does nothing...paypal gives total creep all the money back...so i lose product..and paid for it to get to him. i should have gave him a posative when he paid. hehehhehehhe

yeahok.gifI'm not crying slick, just expressing my opinion. And yes, i have sold on ebay and have never had a problem, maybe I'm just lucky, but lets agree to disagree shall we?

Very mature response smirk.gif

Since you've decided to retain the hostility in your tone, I'll respond in kind... there are several ways that unfortunate incident could've been avoided - as I'm sure you know. Not tracking an item and accepting bids from low feedback buyers is always a risk and has nothing to do with leaving feedback first.

I treat people the way i want to be treated, if being honest makes me naive, so be it, but don't take your anger about past ebay transactions out on me, not my fault and not my problem.

And with that, I'll leave you the last word so rant away. thumbsup2.gif

That is fine Miss Slick. I agree to disagree. Your lucky not to have been burned on ebay. The first time tends to jade you. Perfect example...overseas with 1 feedback bidder wins item..pays..i send item...says he does not get item after a week...does a paypal charge back....i sent item (like a *spoon*) with no tracking. no tracking not a thing paypal will do for you...while this is going on...bidder gets tossed off ebay..i assume for doing underhanded stuff....paypal does nothing...paypal gives total creep all the money back...so i lose product..and paid for it to get to him. i should have gave him a posative when he paid. hehehhehehhe

No hostility or anger here. flowerred.gif Just gave a this happened to me. I still agree to disagree. I have a tone in an email??? Sounds like something my wife would say. Christo_pull_hair.gif Also there are people with tons of feedbacks that act like *spoon* too.

Since you've decided to retain the hostility in your tone, I'll respond in kind... there are several ways that unfortunate incident could've been avoided - as I'm sure you know. Not tracking an item and accepting bids from low feedback buyers is always a risk and has nothing to do with leaving feedback first.

I treat people the way i want to be treated, if being honest makes me naive, so be it, but don't take your anger about past ebay transactions out on me, not my fault and not my problem.

flowerred.gif

No hostility or anger here. flowerred.gif Just gave a this happened to me. I still agree to disagree. I have a tone in an email??? Sounds like something my wife would say. Christo_pull_hair.gif Also there are people with tons of feedbacks that act like *spoon* too.

I used to think sellers holding feedback was *spoon* too. Now I am up in the air. I guess the way eBay works whoever does the first feedback opens themselves up for a good *spooning*. Thanks for giving me insight to both sides.

BTW, I have had 200+ eBay transactions and have yet to be really pissed. Sure, I have gotten items that are 9.0s that come back as 7.5, but damb, Mile High and maybe 1/4 of the other sellers do that. At least with eBay most of us bid like its graded 1.0 or more over.

Such is comics eh? makepoint.gif

I've never felt simply receiving payment was a completed transaction. A completed transaction is, to me, money recieved and goods recieved and both satisfied. If one or the other is not satisfied then the transaction is not complete and more work has to be done to reach an equitable (if possible) solution.

While I don't believe feedback should be withheld by the seller until the buyer posts feedback first, I DO believe that an email transaction from the buyer indicating the item has been received and they are satisfied should be obtained before leaving feedback. Ebay is not like walking into a store, seeing the item, paying for it, having it bagged in front of you and taking it home. Far too many variables between sending payment and final satisfactory receipt of the item.

THAT is a perfect example of why not to ship overseas.

I've been buying and selling for 5 or 6 years on ebay and have only been held feedback hostage as a buyer. I'm with DeeDee on this. If you buy something from me, you get feedback when I get paid. If I do my job correctly as a seller, there shouldn't be a problem with the buyer. If there is, then you work it out (I've had 2 problems in a couple hundred transactions, one was my fault and that buyer got a full refund plus a couple $$ back). The other was a complete *spoon* head and is my only neg.

I only ship in the US (free delivery confirmation if you ship USPS online) and if it's more than a couple of bucks, insurance is required. My *spoon* is covered regardless!!

Having sold, and mostly bought on EEk!bay,

I can see a seller waiting before leaving feedback.

Two of my first sells I left Pos. feedback firat, when I

received my Paypal from them. Never heard from them again.

On the flip side, I left Pos. feedback a couple days ago

to a seller and nodda. I paid within 5 minutes of my win.

Who knows; could be something else going on in his life.

there are several ways that unfortunate incident could've been avoided - as I'm sure you know. Not tracking an item and accepting bids from low feedback buyers is always a risk and has nothing to do with leaving feedback first.

Actually, you cannot block low feedback buyers.

You can only block buyers with negative feedback.

You can say in your TOS that you won't sell to someone without them having a certain number of feedback, but they can still bid and win the auction.

The only recourse is to cancel their bids when they place them. And if they snipe it, you don't have time to cancel.

If you don't sell it to them, and they file a Non-Performing Seller complaint against you with ebay. 90% of the time ebay will side with them (regardless of what you state in your TOS) and you will get a strike against your ID.

3 or 4 stikes and you are gone.

You are correct that you can leave a follow up comment to the feedback.

But if someone hits you with a neg, most buyers aren't going to go through and see why. They just see negs and decide not to buy.

Anyway.

What it really boils down to is that feedback is optional.

You don't have to leave it at all if you don't want to.

As a buyer I leave it after I receive my item.

As a seller I leave it after I get some communication from the buyer that they got it and all is well.