• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinion on Ultimate Spider-Man #1 signed by Bendis DF white

11 posts in this topic

Hi all im new to the forum and need your opinion assistance.

I just purchased Ultimate Spider-Man DF White signed by Bendis off E-Bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

It was my own fault for jumping the gun on this but when I saw the subject line and because the auction had just been posted I was afraid someone else would buy it. Anyways I plan on sending this in to get CGC'd and want to know that since this won't fall under Signature Series, will the comic be majorly devalued because the signature was not certified by CGC? I have 7 days to return the comic and im wondering if some think I may be better off on paying close to the same amount for a CGC'd 9.6 not signed? Anyways your opinion will be greatly appreciated. This will actually be my first ever Comic that I will have CGC'd and my first CGC comic in my collection.

Hi all im new to the forum and need your opinion assistance.

I just purchased Ultimate Spider-Man DF White signed by Bendis off E-Bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

It was my own fault for jumping the gun on this but when I saw the subject line and because the auction had just been posted I was afraid someone else would buy it. Anyways I plan on sending this in to get CGC'd and want to know that since this won't fall under Signature Series, will the comic be majorly devalued because the signature was not certified by CGC? I have 7 days to return the comic and im wondering if some think I may be better off on paying close to the same amount for a CGC'd 9.6 not signed? Anyways your opinion will be greatly appreciated. This will actually be my first ever Comic that I will have CGC'd and my first CGC comic in my collection.

Is there a COA with it? Perhaps from Wizard or Dynamic Forces? If so, it may be ok when it gets the green label. I would buy something like that. It does reduce the value compared to a yellow label, but a COA would help authenticate the signature for any future buyer. If there's no COA, I would send it back. Who knows who really signed it. I've always heard that if there's a sig on a book and no COA from a reputable company, then it's basically graphitti. Which is how CGC looks at it (hence the Qualified label).

COA's don't matter to CGC. It not witnessed By an authorized SS witness then it gets a green.

Right. They don't even want you to send a COA in since they won't encapsulate it with the comic anyways. Not to mention it might get lost during the grading. But I was trying to stress that the concern is the lack of authentication in the signature. If it's a qualified (green) label and there's no COA to back the signature up, then it's a "Buyer Beware" situation. But if there is a COA, then most comic folk would probably pick it up. I wouldn’t even think of buying a qualified without one.